Bought an APEX APX12220 Battery Last Dec.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some info about my Ballistic lithium-ion battery, weights compared.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=20904&highlight=ballistic
attachment.php
attachment.php

A bit over seven pounds saved, not the ten pounds mentioned (for this particular AGM replacement).

Talked to Mike again today about the status of a replacement battery for my APEX APX12220.
He told me that it wasn't really a starting battery but a storage battery???????:confused2::ummm:
When I ordered it, it was listed for Vmax 1200's. Some of you here are using it for your bikes too.
Anyway, they are honoring the warranty. He said a replacement should ship from N.C. Thursday or Friday and should be here at my home in Fl. next Tuesday or so.... Keep you posted on that.

I rec'd an Apex replacement battery yesterday....no damage or suspicious stains in the box....but 12.40V...thinking maybe the first one was ok :confused2:

Apex never said anything about returning the first one either :ummm:

I was told to dispose of the old one, costs them too much time and money to have the bad ones sent back.The APX12220 Battery is not listed on their sight for a Vmax now. Only unsealed batteries are listed.

Damn, how single-minded of me!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

APEX came through. Mike and Paul worked with me and had a new battery sent from N.C.. The only thing that was a problem was the Hurricane (Mathew). It delayed shipping a few days. The battery came in and was packaged well but had a sticky brown substance on some of the foam peanuts.
WD-40 wiped what was on the battery off. Don't see any signs of leakage. The battery came in with a charge of 12.35 v. I put the battery on charge before installing it and it's charging at a level of 13.30 v presently. Install will be later this morning.
APEX has done well so far to convince me that they are a great supplier. More update later.

They went straight down hill. I put mine in my single cylinder lawnmower and it won' crank it without a junp. Stay far away,they aren't the battery USB was. The Usb was black. My 6 or seven year old Usb still starts my gas powered welder. The Shorie is a great battery so far,and saves you 10 lbs or so. CCA is misleading,they don't say how long it will crank at 420 cca.

Seems that everything has gone down hill lately. This battery may turn to crap quickly but it started the bike instantly after install. It read 13.35v at temp, when I shut it down. It's the people at APEX that impressed me, they weren't Dick's like most seem to be in person. I'll add the voltage after the bike sets a little longer. Remember they're listing this as a storage battery now not a starting battery. Even though I told them it was being used in a Vmax, They Warrantied it.

Seems that everything has gone down hill lately. This battery may turn to crap quickly but it started the bike instantly after install. It read 13.35v at temp, when I shut it down. It's the people at APEX that impressed me, they weren't Dick's like most seem to be in person. I'll add the voltage after the bike sets a little longer. Remember they're listing this as a storage battery now not a starting battery. Even though I told them it was being used in a Vmax, They Warrantied it.

I'll do the same as i purchased one a month ago-remember that these are not motorcycle posts and are marine.

Agree on the service, I received my replacement promptly. But two defective batteries aren't helpful. I hope you guys have better luck than me and Christian,and don't go out to your bike to find it won't crank. My charging system isn't up to par and I'm going to address it as soon as parts arrive, but that Shorie battery cranks her right up.

Agree on the service, I received my replacement promptly. But two defective batteries aren't helpful. I hope you guys have better luck than me and Christian,and don't go out to your bike to find it won't crank. My charging system isn't up to par and I'm going to address it as soon as parts arrive, but that Shorie battery cranks her right up.

Good to know.

Latest posts

Back