V boost - toggle switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BowtieFever

Reaction score
Got another Vmax. The previous owner wired a toggle switch for the Vboost. I believe it put on the V boost all the time or at least at the lower RPM. I would like the VBoost to operate like factory stock. Do you think I can just leave the toggle switch in the off position? Or, would that likely disable the VA boost entirely.?

Sorry, I am not an electrical guru.

It depends how he wired it. If the controller is there, you should be able to revert back. Myself, I like on when I want it on. Or off,mostly to sync.
Steve-o

I had the original T-Boost which had 3 settings, 3k, off and 6k.
I used the 3k setting occasionally for a few months but found it ran better at the stock 6k setting.
So I left it set at 6k and only used the Off setting when riding in the rain just to be sure that it didn't kick in and spin my rear tire on wet roads.
Post pictures of the switch and also of the black box under your left scoop connected to that switch and we can probably identify exactly which version of T-Boost you have on your Vmax.

Got another Vmax. The previous owner wired a toggle switch for the Vboost. I believe it put on the V boost all the time or at least at the lower RPM. I would like the VBoost to operate like factory stock. Do you think I can just leave the toggle switch in the off position? Or, would that likely disable the VA boost entirely.?

Sorry, I am not an electrical guru.

You could put the switch to off and observe the movement as you rev it up. I'd warm the engine up well before doing it.

Or slowly accelerate the bike in gear. You should feel a bit of a kick in the pants around 6 k

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The Vboost was designed to kick in at 5800rpm.
If there is a switch it is to change it. Most likely to kick it in at 3000rpm.
Turn the switch on and see if it kicks in at 3000 rpm.
It has its advantages turned on to pass at a low rate of speed at 3000rpm and will get you a boost there if needed.
I am a firm believer in whatever works for you is best.
We all do not live in the same place so what works well for some does not for others.
My preference is a manual switch where i can open it where and when i want.

I would like to just have a switch to apply it when I want it with a de-bounce button. Any kits or instructions out there for that?

Latest posts

Back