What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally installed the front end from Sean. Now trying to get the electrics sorted again.

Attachments

• USD.jpg
    USD.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 56
These were some triples Tom made us before he quit making them. I have a few sets left but I think we'll make a version of our own before too long.

The snow melted off enough to where I could RIDE!! Lots of pea gravel on the road and more snow on the way, but changing the oil tonight and getting her ready for more!
d65797ed705dcf45903b9b080832f994.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The snow melted off enough to where I could RIDE!! Lots of pea gravel on the road and more snow on the way, but changing the oil tonight and getting her ready for more!
d65797ed705dcf45903b9b080832f994.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I really like that cover/bezel on the tach/temp display. Where did you find that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started replacing the clutch and doing the DD mod, unfortunately ran out of time and had to leave for work.

Whilst the carbs are off for a refurb, finally fitted the modded tank and silicon hosesIMG_2598.jpgIMG_2599.jpg

I really like that cover/bezel on the tach/temp display. Where did you find that?

A guy on the Vmax facebook page had a bunch of them cut. The light is funky in that pic, it's actually black - he had some black and some brushed steel instrument covers made. PM me if you want his name to find him on Facebook - he may have some left.

Replaced fork seals yesterday. Doing valve cover gaskets today. What a nightmare.

There is a set of bits I bought from gearwrench that I use mainly for tight spots like doing the valve covers etc. never let me down yet, maybe you’d find them useful as wellIMG_1774.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replaced fork seals yesterday. Doing valve cover gaskets today. What a nightmare.
Valve cover gaskets require a bit if dismantling to gain access. Otherwise, it's not too bad.

Spraying the valve covee gasket with permatex high tack will make it stick to the grooves in the valve cover and make installation much easier. Don't forget to use some yamabond on the half circles/cam cutouts. A little goes a long way

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I rebuilt the front brake MC with a kit from Brakecrafters. Nice Japanese kit indeed. The DOT3 was like dirty honey snot so removed/disassembled/cleaned/reassembled front calipers with new EBC HH pads. The calipers were full of honey snot too but the seals and pistons cleaned up quite nicely so I just went with reassembly. Flushed the rear brakes and clutch while I was at it. It feels amazing how. Oil changed and ready to rock.

Long winters suck but a Black Hills spring is pure bliss, definitely worth the wait!

Mike B's bike is the result of a planned mod series, which has resulted in a unified, cohesive difference from a stock bike. I like the stock appearance, but something like his makes me appreciate the changes that he put into it, as a whole package.

I have debated doing an engine in the silver color, either natural aluminum color, or a silver that is close to a natural aluminum appearance, like his. The vapor blasting technique I think would give you a smooth finish for the castings, which would look good, to my way of thinking.

attachment.php

Here's a perfect engine if anyone is on the market.

1300 Royal Star Block
1300 Venture Pistons (same comp ratio as Vmax)
Vmax Heads/Cams

and more. An all new build. $3k shipped in the U.S.

Attachments

• Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 37
Godzilla woke up this morning after a long winters nap. I had it on a battery tender over the winter, and it cranked right over. Took a while to run on all 4, but when it got going, it ran well. There's a bit of popping when I blip the throttle, but I figured on a Shotgun this spring. Vboost works just fine! No mice in the air box, and everything else seems fine. Solid 14.3 volt charge.

Zilla is out in the garage next to the Roadstar, both being battery tended till a warm day. The 2 miles I rode it today were a bit chilly. Let's see how season 34 works out for the old guy.. (The bike.. I'm working on season 52..)

I changed the oil, the headlight, and put on a rear seat (didnt like the corbin rear seat that came with the bike when I bought it), on the 2011.

1st new tire arrived in just two days. I like my Metzler Interacts, they've been my last few sets of rubber. Will be going with the MR7's this time. Prices are very friendly right now. I''ll be at it today while doing a segment change/ clutch inspection too. Just basic maintenance stuff this year. Lots of work to do on My Bro's 93.

Latest posts

Back