Broward Motor Sports in Davie Florida

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwystar1

Reaction score
Bad experience there. I spent over $650 with them to service my 92 Max and everything they touched was bad.
Front end wobble was worse.
they over tightened my brand new fly screen and the shield has stress cracks on every screw hole
they didn't tighten the master cylinder caps and both leaked and stripped the paint off. They offered to respray them with regular black paint.
asked them to repair a idle issue when the fan comes on and still have this issue too. They told me there was no issue.....
When I returned to address these problems they took little or no responsibility for the work.............

Bad experience there. I spent over $650 with them to service my 92 Max and everything they touched was bad.
Front end wobble was worse.
they over tightened my brand new fly screen and the shield has stress cracks on every screw hole
they didn't tighten the master cylinder caps and both leaked and stripped the paint off. They offered to respray them with regular black paint.
asked them to repair a idle issue when the fan comes on and still have this issue too. They told me there was no issue.....
When I returned to address these problems they took little or no responsibility for the work.............

I would have a serious talk with them and get your money back or go to court. They clearly did not know what they were doing and probably had a rookie doing the work.

It is best to do as much work as you can yourself and not rely on the dealer. All of those items you could have handled yourself easily, especially with the great info on this site.

O

I thought I sent you to Under Pressure in Dania Beach FL by the FLL Airport for the carbs? Why would you go to the dealership if you got the heads-up on someone who does the work right the first time? You need to go talk to Steve and in the meantime, consider filing a complaint w/the Broward Co. Consumer Protection Division. Just the fact you have taken that step should get them to take your concerns seriously. See 20-176.52(b) below.

http://library.municode.com/HTML/10..._ARTVIICOPRCO_DIV3LICEMOVEBOREMOVEPASHTE.html

Yep....broward motorsport is pretty big....3 locations, and sell everything. I'm not fond of them either, but they have been in business a long time.
I only go there to window shop, and pick up oem parts for my yammies.

Desperation only will I give my bike out, and would go to one of the smaller shops that I know off.

Do what medic says....file a complaint or see someone on the top tier of the totem pole..........they've got some money so should take care of their mistake......should is the key word....good luck.

I may be going to the belly of the beast tomorrow to get a key made from the code. They quoted me $19+ tax. Bringing my ign. cyl. to make-sure the key fits before they cut it. Man, they got attitude! The first parts counter person evidently had never fielded a question about obtaining a key, as he didn't think they could grind a key from the code. He handed me off to the 'key guy' who was seemingly pissed-off I couldn't read him the code right then & there. I patiently explained that I was calling from work, I didn't have the code in-front of me, and that I would have it tomorrow when I was returning to Davie to see them. In-fact, I would bring him the entire lockset from the ignition w/the key code tag on the mounting bracket! They sure could take a lesson in customer relations there from the attitude I got over the phone. I will go there tomorrow and see if their attitude is any better, and if it isn't, I'll write to both these guys, and send it special delivery:
Florida Profit CorporationBROWARD MOTORSPORTS, INCFiling InformationDocument NumberP07000008669FEI/EIN Number208377936Date Filed01/19/2007StateFLStatusACTIVEEffective Date01/15/2007Last EventREINSTATEMENTEvent Date Filed04/23/2012Event Effective DateNONEPrincipal Address4101 DAVIE ROAD EXT
DAVIE FL 33024 USChanged 01/20/2009Mailing Address4101 DAVIE ROAD EXT
DAVIE FL 33024 USChanged 01/20/2009Registered Agent Name & AddressOSHEROFF, MARC A
16400 NW 2 AVENUE
NORTH MIAMI BEACH FL 33169 USOfficer/Director DetailName & AddressTitle PNEHME, SAM
4101 DAVIE ROAD EXT
DAVIE FL 33024 USTitle STOSHEROFF, MARC A
16400 NW 2 AVENUE, SUITE 203
NORTH MIAMI BEACH FL 33169 US

That's the President of the corporation, and the secretary/treasurer, as-well-as the business agent. I love screwing w/employees who cop an attitude!

I met steve at under pressure seem like a nice guy. i never asked for a carb guy fire just a recommendation for a local wrench. sent? lol

Another Stealer horror story. I can't think of any reason to go there, except for maybe a key.
$650 can get you a sync gage and set of basic tools.All the know how is here free. My friend just went to a shop with a fuel issue. First they replaced his fuel pump for almost $300, then they took the carbs apart, then replaced all the boots. 1G note wasted.Then they crashed his bike on the test ride? I think he needed his tank cleaned and sealed.
It's sad what's out there. Best bet is to find someone on here to help you out.
Steve-o

I met steve at under pressure seem like a nice guy. i never asked for a carb guy fire just a recommendation for a local wrench. sent? lol
Oh, OK, sorry! I thought I had given you the info before.

Steve is an honest shop owner, he knows what he is doing and he has a great machinist, Mike, another 'guy I know,' as my 10-year-old grandson would say. Was Billy's VMax in there? 1500+ cc, flatslides, NOS, big valves w/GSXR followers, cams...besides the bling stuff like the see-thru engine side covers. Other than that it's stock-appearing. It will get your attention when you pull the throttle cables on that! Even their rider on a customer's 6-second drag racer thinks it's fast. There are a lot of disappointed south FL Hyabusas who think they shouldn't have lost to a stinkin' cruiser fer cryin' out-loud, at-least thru the VMax's fourth gear.

I went to Broward Motorsports on Okeechobee to see if they could pull a head bearing off the stem and they wanted to charge me like $100 for the work. I walked right out. Fuck these dealerships with there shitty work and ridiculous prices.

I went to Broward Motorsports on Okeechobee to see if they could pull a head bearing off the stem and they wanted to charge me like $100 for the work. I walked right out. Fuck these dealerships with there shitty work and ridiculous prices.

I dunno the shop rate, but that's probably about a hour of shop time. If you're not gonna reuse that bearing, why don't you just use a cut-off wheel & a cold chisel to remove it? That's what I did when I replaced mine w/an All Balls replacement roller bearing.

Latest posts

Back