Carb Syncing Problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gulrok

Reaction score
So.. I had an issue with the carb sync. It mainly had to do with the vacuum on Cylinder #4.

I'm having an issue that the sync just won't line up. I pulled the carbs to clean but found they were basically spotless on the inside, I still ended up rebuilding the #4 carb just because I was in there when I tore it apart. Thats when I found it was spotless.

Fast forward to reinstalling... I'm wondering if if when I pulled the carbs if one of the boots is leaking. I'm getting about 5-10 mmHG compared to the normal on the other cylinders... is there something I could have incorrectly swapped around on the carb that would cause lower vacuum?

negative.

Thats the first issue. With the carbs in the stock configuration, without the airbox in place, you allow TOO MUCH air into the carbs, and they run like crap. There is a reason why the airbox has small openings on the side to allow a specific amount of air into the carbs.

Thats the first issue. With the carbs in the stock configuration, without the airbox in place, you allow TOO MUCH air into the carbs, and they run like crap. There is a reason why the airbox has small openings on the side to allow a specific amount of air into the carbs.

Thats my issue with the reving.

Thanks,

Back