"Windows Active Guard"

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you see anything named this on your computer, shut it down immediately and call your computer guy. It is a particularly nasty piece of rogue spyware that rides on multi-media files. Once it gets inside your system it keeps burrowing deeper & deeper....very nasty and difficult to get rid of.

Watch out for it, it looks totally legit, something from Internet Explorer, but it isn't.

If you see anything named this on your computer, shut it down immediately and call your computer guy. It is a particularly nasty piece of rogue spyware that rides on multi-media files. Once it gets inside your system it keeps burrowing deeper & deeper....very nasty and difficult to get rid of.

Watch out for it, it looks totally legit, something from Internet Explorer, but it isn't.
UUUUUhhhmmmm...
So then why did you send that attachment to me Danny? Another inside joke between you and Rockatansky??? Nice,,,

UUUUUhhhmmmm...
So then why did you send that attachment to me Danny? Another inside joke between you and Rockatansky??? Nice,,,

I didn't want to do it '85', but Rockatansky thought it would be a real hoot....you know how he is with things like that!! It didn't do much damage did it? :confused2:

Gee.....I sure hope not! :blink000:

Sounds similar to "Smart Engine" malware I had to deal with last year, what a PITA. Embeds itself quietly and over time starts slowing the computer down then starts sending what appear to be Windows error messages but they lead you to their website where you send them $ to fix the problem. Quite the scam I bet they suck a lot of folks in.

Sounds like you fellas need to install a Virtual Machine on your computers and do all your surfing, e-mail and pron downloads through the VM to be on the safe side. =)

Latest posts

Back