What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend Fargo loaned me his carb synch tool and I managed to get my bike running ok :biglaugh: (took those rubber gromets off the COP`s and it does fire better) You were right Fargo !!:eusa_dance:.
Tomorrow I will take the battery out to charge it full and then take it for a little ride and see how she runs, man those carbs were so far off they could have had their own zip code LOL.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Was the wiring for the COPs set up right:ummm: Inquiring minds want to know
Cheers

Just went and picked up some new Iridium plugs and Engine Ice. Figured might as well work on it since it was raining... sun is out now, go figure :s
Guess It's time to change the plugs, then RIDE!!

Most of the Ontario Vmax guys know my Max is down AGAIN with a major motor problem!:bang head:
hurting max.jpg

Yes that's 2 motor issues in 3 years... so I didn't want to lose another riding season so when I was over at the local bike shop grabbing dirt bike gear for my daughter, I saw this beauty in the pre owned area!
And it is now in my garage! :banana:
new ride.jpg

This saves the riding season and will make me less bitter when I start digging into the issue with the VMax.

Well, you picked a faster bike anyway!

What is the latest engine problem? They suck when they break for sure.

Sean

Well, you picked a faster bike anyway!

What is the latest engine problem? They suck when they break for sure.

Sean

Something is in 1 (or more) cylinders that is hitting the piston(s) when you rotate the motor. I don't know if it dropped a valve or something got in there. Any ways, that makes 2 dead motors on the work bench! :damn angry:

Got the Max up to 135 mph today. I don't really like grooved concrete interstates at that speed.

Was the wiring for the COPs set up right:ummm: Inquiring minds want to know
Cheers
Yeah they were wired right.
and the plugs looked normal too but I haven`t taken it out yet because now my central air conditioner only blows hot air :bang head::damn angry::confused2:
If it`s not one thing, it`s another the condensers look good and were replaced last year, maybe it`s the pump or, I just ran out of freon.:ummm:
<<Dave>>

Replaced the plugs with some new NGK Iridium's and got out for a ride in between rain drops. Tomorrow Engine Ice.

after going through the electrical system of my central air , I narrowed it down to the thermostat wires and old wires break so, I reconnected them at the transformer and lo and behold we got cool air again:eusa_dance:
which shows me once more that with God all things are possible!!:biglaugh:
and, now it`s time to hit the shower and relax.

after going through the electrical system of my central air , I narrowed it down to the thermostat wires and old wires break so, I reconnected them at the transformer and lo and behold we got cool air again:eusa_dance:
which shows me once more that with God all things are possible!!:biglaugh:
and, now it`s time to hit the shower and relax.

You got central air on your Vmax. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I drained and flushed my coolant and refilled with Engine Ice.... Not because I'm looking for a decreased temp but because they only had Engine Ice and a Racing coolant at the stealership.... I went to Toyota to see if I could get some Toyota Red, but it wasn't clearly marked and very lacking of details on the jug. Went to Napa to see what they had, and left without (did get my Iridium plugs tho), then went to Canadian Tire only to leave empty handed when the epiphany hit me, go to the Yamaha Stealership DUMBASS!! 10 minutes and $50 later I was on my way home with 2 jugs of Engine Ice..... and as long as I didn't screw it up, I should be golden... err Blue. :D

I couldn't stop each day this weekend to post what I did each day but I wanted to post what I did this weekend.

I installed my carbs that Sean fixed for me, I installed the new Sean Morley's Seat. I removed the UFO exhaust and installed my Mark's 4 into 2 Stainless exhaust. I put on all the chrome parts I got from Sean..

Never had done any of this to any of my previous bikes ( always had mechanics do the work ) so it was a battle and without the help of many of you I would have never got it done, many thanks again !!

Here is a before and after pic and also a video of my new pipes, I love the sound and GOD! does my bike run like a raped ape.....

Before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JGYvsg4acE

After
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEj-2u4nnfw

Here are some before an after pic's

Before

side.jpg

After

chromed.jpg

What a weekend !!!!! Now I just have to order the side cover emblems

But I did it :eusa_dance:

Ron

I couldn't stop each day this weekend to post what I did each day but I wanted to post what I did this weekend.

I installed my carbs that Sean fixed for me, I installed the new Sean Morley's Seat. I removed the UFO exhaust and installed my Mark's 4 into 2 Stainless exhaust. I put on all the chrome parts I got from Sean..

Never had done any of this to any of my previous bikes ( always had mechanics do the work ) so it was a battle and without the help of many of you I would have never got it done, many thanks again !!

Here is a before and after pic and also a video of my new pipes, I love the sound and GOD! does my bike run like a raped ape.....

Before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JGYvsg4acE

After
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEj-2u4nnfw

Here are some before an after pic's

Before

side.jpg

After

chromed.jpg

What a weekend !!!!! Now I just have to order the side cover emblems

But I did it :eusa_dance:

Ron

Way to go Ron!! Looks and sounds GREAT!! Now go ride!!!!

Took a long canyon ride this afternoon to time some portions of our upcoming Poker Run out. Good times, turned a little crispy tho, the sun is definitely on.

very nice indeed ron! whatd u end up doing about ur exhaust leak? i bet if u got the emblems sprayed black u'd be in business, surprised sean doesn't have any for ya.. they're expensive new.

speaking o fsean, put my muscle seat on! great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm ordering new embelms for the side covers if that's what you mean.

Back