What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where u getting those prices! thats awesome i couldnt' find anything under $30 a pop when i was looking.

wow those are wicked cheap prices, anyone ever order from them before?

Impromptu Carb synch party at my place with 626, with thanks to Fargo for the Carbtune loan. Got mine pulling 21.0 across the board at idle. Gonna go out for a ride and enjoy that "freshly synched" feeling.

Replaced the Stock Brake Pads with
EBC FA160HH (Front)
EBC FA88HH (Back)

Wow, Impressed with the stopping power so far, Still cutting them in, will only get better.
Great price from Mike a white buffalo racing.

Another 80+ degree day. Not much blue sky cause of the fires burning around here, but needless to say I went for a nice, warm, and smokey ride around the Chena ridge and then stopped for a sammich at the river. :biglaugh:

Nah, it sees rain so that helps. Just need a spray bottle to wipe off the spots!

After the carb synch party and a little ride I left Bobs house feeling good about how the bike was running so, decided to take on a newer suzuki
(i think it was a 1000 or so) at a stop light ( boy, what a mistake that was )
I launched in full glory and we killed that bastsard for almost a 1/4 mile :eusa_dance:when out of the blue(or the rear view mirror disaster struck).:damn angry:
Not only did he pass me he slowed a little bit to wave to me to come on and to salvage what was left of my ego(pride) I opened her up one more time only to be badly defeated!.:bang head:
SO, NOW THAT PUNK CAN GO BRAG TO HIS FRIENDS HOW HE KILLED A VMAX. BUT I`LL BET THAT HE WONT TELL THEM HOW WE KILLED HIM FIRST !!!!What a way to end a good day, shot down in flames and taunted to boot !!
Carbouration Versus fuel injection FORGET IT. LOL.
<<DAVE>>:punk:

I launched in full glory and we killed that bastsard for almost a 1/4 mile

Well there you go, you won. That's what the Vmax is made to do.

The trick to these little encounters, is after you've owned that 1/8th mile or so, announce your victory and retirement from the field by dropping throttle, sitting up and relaxing, etc, while the stompee tries to salvage his pride by blowing by at 120mph. Can't let em goad you into a high speed contest. Gotta play to your strengths.

oh yea.. 110 and above the vmax is a dog compared to a faired bike... its like pushing a brick wall thru the wind

After the carb synch party and a little ride I left Bobs house feeling good about how the bike was running so, decided to take on a newer suzuki
(i think it was a 1000 or so) at a stop light ( boy, what a mistake that was )
I launched in full glory and we killed that bastsard for almost a 1/4 mile :eusa_dance:when out of the blue(or the rear view mirror disaster struck).:damn angry:
Not only did he pass me he slowed a little bit to wave to me to come on and to salvage what was left of my ego(pride) I opened her up one more time only to be badly defeated!.:bang head:
SO, NOW THAT PUNK CAN GO BRAG TO HIS FRIENDS HOW HE KILLED A VMAX. BUT I`LL BET THAT HE WONT TELL THEM HOW WE KILLED HIM FIRST !!!!What a way to end a good day, shot down in flames and taunted to boot !!
Carbouration Versus fuel injection FORGET IT. LOL.
<<DAVE>>:punk:

The 1/4 mile is what counts in that race.
Just the other day I put a Ducati 1198 down.
He pulled up to the light in the next lane over and I revved on him and he revved back, the race is on.
I lunched hard on a fresh tire, rode the wheelie through 1st and stayed on it through 3rd. When he pulled up next to me while still rolling he looked over and pointed to the VMAX and gave me a big thumbs up while nodding his head in appreciation of the great bike.

Took the bike for a little ride to see a friend of mine, :punk: it runs ok but after yesterday`s escapade, I think that I need to synch the carbs again for good measure.
I can hear a slight popping at idle and low rpm.
gonna get `er done tomorrow.
<<Dave>>

Took the bike for a little ride to see a friend of mine, :punk: it runs ok but after yesterday`s escapade, I think that I need to synch the carbs again for good measure.
I can hear a slight popping at idle and low rpm.
gonna get `er done tomorrow.
<<Dave>>

Did you put your bell on? I'm guessing no. See, you got your damn gremlins again.

I pulled the Max out last night to take her for a rip. It would be my first ride since flushing the coolant over the weekend and replacing it with Engine Ice. I called my buddy up, told him to come over so we could go for ride. He's without a bike right now so he rides my wife's Honda VTR1000, he jumped at the chance :D
It was unseasonably cool last night, maybe 18C but I wanted to run through town and beat on it to see if the Engine Ice made any improvements on my operating temp. I was pleased to see my Max running cooler in town than normal, I'm sure some of that was due to the cooler air temp, but happy none the less.

:)

Latest posts

Back