What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed some chrome scoops last week, thanks to Sean! Cleaned her up and put about 180 miles on Saturday. Found a nice spot to take some new pics of the bike. Excuse the dirty rear section, as I was on gravel for a few miles.

She's looking good. Here, for your enjoyment.

NICE!!!
Did the scoops come with the YAMAHA in color? or did you do that?

NICE!!!
Did the scoops come with the YAMAHA in color? or did you do that?

I did that. I contacted Carrie Stanislawski, who I purchased the inlays for my old scoops, and asked for a picture of all of her "reds" and I chose this one. It matches almost perfectly. Very easy to install, I just used a tweezers and exacto knife.

Got it running over the weekend, turns out I'm an idiot and all it needed was a new fuel filter (I think the one in it was probably 15 years old).
https://youtu.be/j4Kvw61sqwk
Here it is purring with the 4-1 headers and cherry bomb exhaust.
LED everything.

removed the carbs to clean them.
lots of jelly and some water inside.glad not to find rust so i think tank is fine...
bought bike with 7000km but 15 years on his shoulders so main concern was rust.
didnt ride it yet but finnaly after synch has all 4 cylinders on idle and has a lope like a cammed v8 lol

happy guy here!

Took her out for a ride...trying to control myself to get a fuel mileage run....so far so good but rides not over yet hahaha....

Yesterday...Installed a new Cycle-istic backrest and and rack. Blacked out the chrome with some custom powder coating. The wife is very happy now! BTW the backrest has a great build quality and easy installation. Highly recommend!

Now that's a new fuel tank!:eusa_dance: Cleaned the rust out of the carbs, 2 pilot jets were clogged with rust. New tank installed, new lawn mower fuel filter(no more autozone small metal filters on my bike) "Just because it fits, doesn't mean it works" Pulled the Venture differential to be replaced with an OEM. :eusa_dance:
Honestly, the inside walls of the old tank are shiny silver? Not sure if all the rust finally fell to the bottom or if it continues to form more, but its pretty darn clean inside, just like the day I installed it. Go figure?:bang head:

Attachments

• fuel tank.jpg
    fuel tank.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 29
Got evrything back together after installing COPs from Blax. As well as the relay for the LED lamp which is a HUGE difference. COPs is definatly more responsive and at a cheap price.

I took off the airshifter, shiftlight, and all the nitrous equipment. Getting ready to paint and mount the trunk when it arrives in a few days.

To keep myself from crossing the line between street and strip, like I did with my old chain converted XS1100, I'm going to make my max more suitable for some Alaska touring. A busa I'm going to stretch, lower and put my gofast goodies on, next year will take the place of the chores that were faithfully carried out by the Archangel.

Backrest on, windshield off. My progressive shift light is very exposed now, but that's O.K.

IMG_0356sm_zpsowklqsdv.jpg

IMG_0357sm_zpsg0okvqtr.jpg

Tried for the 1st time, using my tow for the bike.. Didn't go too fast for 1st try.. just 30Mph, but it held up nicely..

BIKE on tow.jpg

Latest posts

Back