What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a sunny, and around 50 degree day in the buffalo area. I did a little sea foam treatment and took a ride up by EVIL D's house. I got a nice 55 mile ride in. not bad for november 23 in buffalo.

I went out to the garage, looked over the reaper then promptly removed the Headlight assembly and the Instrument cowel and put them on eBay.

Oh, I'm all giddy, just having ordered a 2.5-inch comp Kerker baffle from Mr. Morley. Can't wait to introduce my neighbor to it at the first opportunity on a Sunday morning. (Payback for his Harley...) :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I installed new foot pegs, front and rear, and then removed the center stand, which I have to say was a monumental pain in the ass. The RH bolt would not clear past a flange attached to the exhaust and I actually had to grind away a segment of the bolt head so that I could slide it past the exhaust flange. The only thing I can figure is that the center stand was installed first at the factory.

Oh, I removed it because with the bike lowered, its darn near impossible to use the thing. Its much easier to simply lift the bike with an ATV jack.

Oh, I'm all giddy, just having ordered a 2.5-inch comp Kerker baffle from Mr. Morley. Can't wait to introduce my neighbor to it at the first opportunity on a Sunday morning. (Payback for his Harley...) :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Ha Ha, that should do the trick Tom! Don't use your automatic door opener when you come home late and leave it idle while you unhitch the door, makes 'em even more jealous!
I notice the Vtwin boys don't rev it up as much when I'm around but they like to hammer it when they think they are going the other direction from me. I will leave room in my busy riding schedule just for these situations that pop up!:biglaugh: They get around the corner smiling but then they see this red grilled beast running them down which usually has them pulling into the nearest business to hide as I roar by!

Ha Ha, that should do the trick Tom! Don't use your automatic door opener when you come home late and leave it idle while you unhitch the door, makes 'em even more jealous!
I notice the Vtwin boys don't rev it up as much when I'm around but they like to hammer it when they think they are going the other direction from me. I will leave room in my busy riding schedule just for these situations that pop up!:biglaugh: They get around the corner smiling but then they see this red grilled beast running them down which usually has them pulling into the nearest business to hide as I roar by!
I know what you mean Brian,
when I dusted that v rod he took an unplanned turn at the next light with his head down,:rofl_200:
and wouldn`t even look at me.:biglaugh:
Come to think of it, I may have beat him running on just 3 cyls. cause #3 was going out on me and popping really bad.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Yesterday I put the carb#3 back on the rack with the rest of them and put them back on the bike and synched them up, they were so far out they could have had their own zip codes LOL.:ummm:
But now, I have full power back but still running a bit lean so with the new plugs I will be able to tell much better if I can sneak in a little ride today.
Think I`ll shimm the needles one more washer first tho.
<<Dave>>:eusa_dance:

did about 30 miles today. its great to ride today! no one on the roads!

hah its all good man. it was 44 here! and cloudy. gotta love new heated grips. was fine with my handguards and just some leather gloves (altho on the thicker side)

droped it! ugh...:bang head::bang head::bang head:

went out to the carport (ironically enough) to put it on the center stand and make sur enothing was gonna hit it as we have high winds perdicted. it was rocking up on the CS and my foot slipped and it very slowly went over on the right side.

in good news just snapped the ball off of my brake lever and my hand guards snapped off. i have spare levers for that reason and a spare hand guard mount b/c i snapped the original one. so i'm all good

case saver did its job and the mirrors got a little scuff on it but aside from that i think we're still in business. did a few checks with a measuring tape and i don't think i bent the handlebars. is it easy to tell if you do? no kinks or anything on any of the joints.

in other news did some R&D with rick (twistedmax) today. won't let the cat outa the bag yet.

Latest posts

Back