Thunder 2014 - are you ready???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
picture.php
img524d6ce5739f6.jpg

Thunder in the Valley 2014 will be here again sooner than we think so now is the time for us to start planning. Its date is June 26 - 29, 2014 so mark your calendars now.

With the reorganization of the VMOA, things will be slightly different.

Some questions so far (feel free to add on):

1. Should we stay at The Days Inn in Somerset, PA or try now to get into Johnstown, PA?

2. Keep the Friday night meet & greet BBQ? Yes or no?

3. What should we do in place of the Saturday banquet? Another BBQ?

I would like to hear from everyone on their thoughts of what they would like to see happen for this event.

Lets get the ball rolling on this so we all don't miss out!

Thanks for everyone speaking out to keep this event going...

Last edited:
1. Stay at Days Inn since so many people already have reservations.
But look into Hotels in Johnstown for 2015 so we can get reservations early.

2. Friday BBQ - Yes !

3. Saturday BBQ !!!! (maybe at Jim's in Schellsburg again or at Scott Trimpy's in Stoystown, PA (if either is OK with that)
or possibly meet for Dinner somewhere in Somerset (like Maggie Mae's) ???

Thanks, now lets see what the others ideas are too...

1. Stay at Days Inn since so many people already have reservations.
But look into Hotels in Johnstown for 2015 so we can get reservations early.

2. Friday BBQ - Yes !

3. Saturday BBQ !!!! (maybe at Jim's in Schellsburg again or at Scott Trimpy's in Stoystown, PA (if either is OK with that)
or possibly meet for Dinner somewhere in Somerset (like Maggie Mae's) ???

I checked out some room availability for hotels right in Johnstown.
Everything is booked for 2014. It may be a hassle to get a bunch of rooms for 2015....

Bring it to Des Moines, Iowa. I know the guy that owns 90% of the hotels here, rooms will not a problem.........:rofl_200:

That's about the only way I will be able to attend, still trying to get 3 kids off the payroll.:biglaugh:

Definitely going. Probably gonna ride the Roadstar this time, as Kathy wants to ride with me. Hopefully, Ian is gonna ride the Max out, so it will be there to be admired and complimented by all.

Glenn and his girlfriend Cheryl will be riding out with us on his Triumph Rocket 3.

I had such a good time last year, I'm not missing it if at all doable. Are we all decided to book the same place again, Days Inn? I'm going for longer this year. I might even ride, not sure. Trailing sure made getting there dry, and ready to go a lot easier. I'm never driving through NY city again that's for sure.
Steve-o

A Rocket III....sweet!!! Cant wait to see that beast of a machine...

Definitely going. Probably gonna ride the Roadstar this time, as Kathy wants to ride with me. Hopefully, Ian is gonna ride the Max out, so it will be there to be admired and complimented by all.

Glenn and his girlfriend Cheryl will be riding out with us on his Triumph Rocket 3.

I would say that we will use the Days Inn in Somerset atleast this year and possibly consider moving closer in to Johnstown, PA for 2015? Majority rules on this answer. I know the Days Inn takes care of our group being we have been staying there for years now and the management always welcomes the VMOA with open arms.

I had such a good time last year, I'm not missing it if at all doable. Are we all decided to book the same place again, Days Inn? I'm going for longer this year. I might even ride, not sure. Trailing sure made getting there dry, and ready to go a lot easier. I'm never driving through NY city again that's for sure.
Steve-o

Latest on our plans... Pretty sure about this, but things can change.

Leave for Gettysburg on Monday - do it in one shot.
Spend Tuesday and Wednesday at GB.
Head to Somerset early Thursday AM, to get there by 11AM or noon.
Enjoy Thunder till Saturday nite, head home Sunday.

Me and amanda will be going again. Hoping to be there thursday this year. When I reserve this year I'm gonna be very firm with them. Last year I was supposed to get a smoking room and a queen bed.. I got a non smoking room and two twins.. wasn't happy with them lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ok guys, I need to start hearing from everyone on what they want to do this year. I need to start filling out the agenda for the event on the vmoa site. I so far have the following:

Thursday - typical meet n greet in the lot.
Friday - WV day ride & possibly arking lot BBQ
Saturday - ?

Do we want the dyno guy back this year? I need to reserve him if so?
How about some people to do a tech session such as carb syncing or something else?

I need to know what rides people will host and when so we can fill the agenda. Would be nice to have a few short rides on Friday and a couple on Saturday. I can fill in the food agenda for breakfast, lunch, dinner if needed.

SO LETS VOICE IT NOW!!!

picture.php
img524d6ce5739f6.jpg

Thunder in the Valley 2014 will be here again sooner than we think so now is the time for us to start planning. Its date is June 26 - 29, 2014 so mark your calendars now.

With the reorganization of the VMOA, things will be slightly different.

Some questions so far (feel free to add on):

1. Should we stay at The Days Inn in Somerset, PA or try now to get into Johnstown, PA?

2. Keep the Friday night meet & greet BBQ? Yes or no?

3. What should we do in place of the Saturday banquet? Another BBQ?

I would like to hear from everyone on their thoughts of what they would like to see happen for this event.

Lets get the ball rolling on this so we all don't miss out!

Thanks for everyone speaking out to keep this event going...

How about some kind of white elephant vmax gift exchange. We could do this saturday night and all would have to participate. It could be anything from old vmax parts welded into art of some sort but not to big to some kind of great vmax gift. Im sure we could get some of the great vmax sponsor's to sponsor some cool vmax accessories. Maybe set it up so if you pick a sponsor gift when it your turn you get the choice of keeping it or not. But all others would be up for a steel. sounds like a fun fare event to do on satuday night. we could hammer out the rules before thunder gets here. Let Michael Moore Know if you would like to see everyone do this.

I think we should stay at the days inn until They tell us no. I watched first hand two years ago how the days inn backed us when the wolves showed up. And let me tell you the manager is on our side.

I say yes to the friday night BBQ. But if you go on the rogue ride we might not make it back until 6pm. Last year we got back at 4:30ish. I thought it worked out great we got back from a long ride and walked up and got food.

Maybe saturday we could have a bunch of pizza's delivered before we do a gift exchange. I have a shorter 100 to 150 mile ride planed for saturday also if anyone wants to go.

I think everyone should dyno there bike at least one time and it would be kool to have it in the days inn parking lot again this year. Maybe start it at 4pm on friday night. That way we could eat and drink to the sounds of the vmax. Maybe Moore could start a dyno list That says what it will cost and how many need to sign up to get the dyno to show up like last year.

This could be you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq_yL3sywpc

I think everyone should dyno there bike at least one time and it would be kool to have it in the days inn parking lot again this year. Maybe start it at 4pm on friday night. That way we could eat and drink to the sounds of the vmax. Maybe Moore could start a dyno list That says what it will cost and how many need to sign up to get the dyno to show up like last year.

This could be you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq_yL3sywpc

I dont mind arranging the dyno, but I need responses now to reserve him. Last year I believe he charged $40 for 3 runs (all back to back). Starting at 4pm is too late since it takes a good half day to do this so 1pm it would start at.

Mike

Maybe saturday we could have a bunch of pizza's delivered before we do a gift exchange. I have a shorter 100 to 150 mile ride planed for saturday also if anyone wants to go.

I have an offer from Scott up on Stroystown (SP) to host a Thursday and/or Saturday night BBQ at his homestead. He has a big garage, firepit and several acre property.

Latest posts

Back