Day's Inn Somerset.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vmax-Mike is doing a ride Friday and Saturday. Do I need to call Traditions to alert them of a group coming in? I guess I should call, but not sure what kind of attendance we will have since I didnt go last year. Brian, can you tell me approximately how many people came to dinner there? I will start populating the VMOA Thunder event calendar as soon as I get some time to compile it.....plenty of time to work on this. I have confirmation of a tech session on either Friday or Saturday. Not sure exactly of what but it will be for 3-4 hours.

Thanks,

Mike
I believe it was between 20 - 25 people that rode out on Friday. Yes, we have plenty of time before the event to finalize details.

Scott Trimpey in Stoystown has offered to hold a BBQ on either Thursday or Saturday evening or both.
He has a few acres of land with a big 2-3 car garage and a fire pit out back.
We had a quick Tech session at his place last year after the parade and did Morley's Bounce test on 4 Max's and adjusted the Steering head bearings.
Everyone will just need to throw in for food and drinks.
He also said he'd be happy to put together a local ride.
We'll hammer out the details a bit closer to Thunder.

I'll talk to Sam Buchkovich (BigRubbers4x4) about leading a local ride as well.

As for a Tech session, I'm sure someone could pack a Synch Tool (Carbtune or similar) and help anyone that needs a synch.

Lets confirm Scott for Thursday night BBQ. I have posted some of the Agenda up but its work in progress now.....I would like him to do a nice scenic ride being I'm sure he knows all the great roads to ride upon. Also lets get Sam to host another nice ride too on Saturday.

Thanks again,

Mike

Scott Trimpey has offered up his property just 10 miles away from the Days Inn hotel for anyone that wants to camp:

CAMPING Alternative:
Scott Trimpey has rustic camping available on about 3 acres, tents and rv's welcome (tools & shop to work on or park bikes in)
Located 10 miles from the Days Inn or 15 miles from Johnstown, PA
For more info: [email protected] 814-521-4625, address 3432 Stoystown rd, Stoystown, Pa, 15563

Thanks Michael, looks like the schedule is filling out nicely.
The Saturday dinner ride will be hitting us a nice restaurant with some good home style cooking. Last year we were there on Friday for the all you could eat prime rib, which was excellent, but their other meals looked very delicious as well.
Check out their menu offering online @ http://traditionsweb.com/cms/

I can't wait to get there. My bud Seth is super excited about coming with me, but he will be riding a Yamaha YZF600. He is a little concerned about feeling out of place with all of the beasts that will be in the parking lot. Counting on everyone to make him feel welcome. :cheers:

We've had non Max riders in attendence in the past, it's all about the people and having a good time!..............Tom.

Hahaa as long as he doesn't look into our eyes and he bows gracefully when we walk by . JUST KIDDING of course !!

Bahaha! If he does that, i know why.....i let him ride my Max yesterday for a little bit, when he got off of it, he had that standard VMAX grin and asked me if i wanna trade bikes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I have a friend coming up with me that has a honda 500 or 750...Hopefully he brings his 750, but we play well with others too :punk:
I can't wait to get there. My bud Seth is super excited about coming with me, but he will be riding a Yamaha YZF600. He is a little concerned about feeling out of place with all of the beasts that will be in the parking lot. Counting on everyone to make him feel welcome. :cheers:

Seeing that we just sold Kathy's Burgman scooter, we will be riding the Roadstar out. I expect to win the slow race at the parking lot party - problem is, I'll be full throttle!

Don't worry about riding a non-Max. All are welcome, and as a 4 time attendee, I can assure you that s splendid time is guaranteed for all..

Well going to try and make it this yr but won't be on a V-Max , looking into a rental and it might be a Harley {yuck} but it is a bike and being only for one day I don't think I will get to sick . Just want to ride up on Friday and see some old friends, so don't kick me to hard people ! Later Kurt

Well going to try and make it this yr but won't be on a V-Max , looking into a rental and it might be a Harley {yuck} but it is a bike and being only for one day I don't think I will get to sick . Just want to ride up on Friday and see some old friends, so don't kick me to hard people ! Later Kurt

I'm sure you'll catch a little bit of hell, but no one really cares what you ride. :D

Yeah , I kind of know that but Thanks for reminding me , last time I was there was 08 and still had my V-Max . Hell I remember the first yr. when the V.M.O.A. was there in what we thought was a good turn out , second yr for the Rally was 2000 and if I remember right we had 6 or 7 V-Maxes total a few yrs later we had over 125 there ! Great times had back then . Now only if the weather holds out this yr things will be good!

Latest posts

Back