Thunder events

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racing? You like Racing?

Yep been racing for quite a bit but I parted out my Max over a year ago because of back issues & I was not riding it much. I still have my other Max that my GF rides & I ride it once in a while. The last time I took mine it was running High 10's stock motor with a marks 4 into1 & stage 7

Not letting anyone run my max on the dyno. But how about a 1/4 mile drag race. $$$$$$$$$

I seen a dyno one year at Laconia that was a dual unit on a trailer & set up like a 1/4 mile run just like "vertual drag racing". It had all the statisics that would light up and print out. Now that would be cool!

I couldn't tell my canvass is blank no tats ... yet Mike how about some name tags big enough for forums screen names and real names I will happy to search and find some .

Feel free, we've tried name tags/stickers before and people arent all into using them.

I tried one of them In Florida for the fun of it. The HP was close but the times were way off.

I'm sure it's different characteristics from the real thing such as no wind drag and stuff but like they say "both competitors have the same advantage/disadvantage". The cool thing versus a standard dyno, obviously, is the shifting/mis-shifting and competition.

I would rather race to. I see a lot of people claim numbers and can't back it up in a race.

Kyle if this was directed at me I was talking about my Gen II it was dynoed from P/O at 178 . Since I have it and did some mods I'm curious about hp now . Not looking to drag race any one but maybe some spirited roll on for fun BUT MY money stays in MY pocket . I don't need to prove my lack of launch experience to nobody I'll leave that up to you guy's :punk:

If enough interest the Keystone Drags are the closest to us they do require full leathers. Let me know i will look into it if there are enough people.

Kyle if this was directed at me I was talking about my Gen II it was dynoed from P/O at 178 . Since I have it and did some mods I'm curious about hp now . Not looking to drag race any one but maybe some spirited roll on for fun BUT MY money stays in MY pocket . I don't need to prove my lack of launch experience to nobody I'll leave that up to you guy's :punk:

It was not directed at any one at all. I just am at to many biker events where every one brags about numbers & racing & then cant back it up when you ask them to race. :confused2:

I'm sure it's different characteristics from the real thing such as no wind drag and stuff but like they say "both competitors have the same advantage/disadvantage". The cool thing versus a standard dyno, obviously, is the shifting/mis-shifting and competition.

It is fun for people they say they factor in weight wind etc but my stock 99 with a marks pipe ran a 9.90 on it so its off for sure.

I went to the maryland motor cycle show today and was stopped by a vendor . Turned out to be some ladies pushing thunder in the valley ( they saw my thunder in the vally Morley's muscle shirt). They said that either johnstown or star yamaha will be throwing a party in honor of the vmax crowd and they will have special parking for the vmax crowd . She will email me with more info maybe Mike knows who to get in contacted with .

Cernics is in J town Ebensburg yamaha is the other dealer and in the past they threw us a few bbq's

Cernics is in J town Ebensburg yamaha is the other dealer and in the past they threw us a few bbq's

I called Cernics Dealership and they said they will do nothing for Thunder this year or even anything for the VMOA group. I have talked to 3 local Yamaha dealerships in Maryland alone of which each has committed to making sponsorship donations to the VMOA Thunder Event.

I went to the maryland motor cycle show today and was stopped by a vendor . Turned out to be some ladies pushing thunder in the valley ( they saw my thunder in the vally Morley's muscle shirt). They said that either johnstown or star yamaha will be throwing a party in honor of the vmax crowd and they will have special parking for the vmax crowd . She will email me with more info maybe Mike knows who to get in contacted with .

Them lying bitches :ummm:

Would like to ask a question on the hotel at thunder. Is there a place to off load a vmax if it is in the back of my truck, like a ditch or a ramp to back up to. My truck has a 6in lift so it is high. Was just wondering. Thanks

Dont worry you are not the first i think the HD shop across street has loading dock

Would like to ask a question on the hotel at thunder. Is there a place to off load a vmax if it is in the back of my truck, like a ditch or a ramp to back up to. My truck has a 6in lift so it is high. Was just wondering. Thanks

Dannie, how long is your truck bed that you can fit the Max back there?

Latest posts

Back