$500 Dollar VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! Deal of the year. Congrats!
Steve

Here's my $500 Max
Not as clean but pretty nice for 5 bills
I am waiting on a cdi to arrive
its not firing on the rear cylinders.
If its not that then must be the pulse gens
New rear metz and a corbin seat otherwise stock. Local bike
with 26k
VMAX1.png
[/IMG]

VMAX5.png
[/IMG]

Also the PO says second through5th are solid but if you hammer in low it will pop out.
I got a cdi for 85 bucks so we will se how thing develop. Hoping to make a few bucks on it.

Transmission repair will not be cheap but with the price you got it at that leaves you a lot of room to make some money on it. We'd have to undercut low gear which isn't all that commonly needed but maybe 30% of the trans we do does require that work (along with the other repairs)

Sean

I got the cdi box today and fires on all four. Cant get hte air box to seat on left rear carb. they are soft and lubed but its like hitting brick wall.
what am i missing

Try the "Fire-medic Squat!" Align it (airbox) as best you can, then put it on the centerstand, or have someone hold it vertical, & get your butt on-top of the airbox w/your feet by the front axle. Bounce on your butt and you should hear it & feel it "seat." No warranty offered or implied, but it works for me.

Try the "Fire-medic Squat!" Align it (airbox) as best you can, then put it on the centerstand, or have someone hold it vertical, & get your butt on-top of the airbox w/your feet by the front axle. Bounce on your butt and you should hear it & feel it "seat." No warranty offered or implied, but it works for me.

Got it on and road down the ice road. pops out of first with very little throttle 2nd and up fine. At this point I may part it out. My brother sells used parts and i will get his evaluation first.
thanks for the replys

Latest posts

Back