Vmax color photo album

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Kind of curious what all the color schemes the Vmax came in look like. From what I've heard it came in a different setup every year with no two years identical (except for 06/07). The paint color varied, wheel color, scoop color, side cover finish, and exhaust finish.

I found this in an old post by Sean

1985 - 2 colors to pick from - Burgundy or a kind of Purple
1986 - Maroon
1987 - ask the Canada guys
1988/1989 - Red with Black Scoops
1990 - "Shiny Black" which is actually black with blue metal flake in it (very beautiful color)
1991 - Metallic Black (black with silver flake)
1992 - Metallic Red (darker red - probably the nicest looking color scheme)
1993 - Purplish Blue
1994 - Metallic Yellow
1995 - Orangish Red
1996 - Black or Silver?
1997 - Black or Silver?
1998 - Black
1999-2002 Carbon Fiber
2003-2004 Flat Black with silver stripes
2005 - Metallic Red with Flames (lid is very expensive)
2006/2007 - Black with Red Flames (lid is very expensive)

I suspect between all the people here every year is represented at least once.....post a picture of your bike and it's year...get a "family photo album" going here!

Here are the colors according to colorrite.com (only goes back to 1990 for Yamaha)

'90- "Shiny Black"
'91- "Black Metallic #2"
'92- "Red E-Sparkle"
'93- "Very Dark Violet Cocktail #1"
'94- "Reddish Yellow Cocktail #1"
'95- "Fire Red" and/or? "Very Dark Violet Cocktail #1"
'96- "Black #2"
'97- "New Dust Silver" and "Yamaha Black" (wheels)
'98- "Black #2"
'99- '02 - "Yamaha Black" (probably the color underneath the carbon-look overlay?)
'03- "Matte Metallic Black #2
'04- "Matte Metallic Black #2" with "Silver" for wheels
'05- "Deep Red Metallic K", "Matte Black Metallic #2" , "Yamaha Black" (wheels) and "Heat Red" (wheel stripe)
'06/07- "Yamaha Black", "Deep Red Metallic K" (flames), "Matte Black Metallic #2"(engine/frame), and "Low Gloss Black" (wheels)

My first bike: A Canadian 1996 All-original Vmax. Still had the factory warning stickers on the faux tank when I bought it. Pictured in Kelowna, B.C. 2001.

Attachments

• Vmax kelowna.jpg
    Vmax kelowna.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 142
1993 Purplish blue? "What we have here, is a failure to communicate"
What we need are PICTURES! If anyone has the 85 purple color, I'd like to talk about a trade or purchase. This was the first color I saw on the Max and was sold out from under me and was stuck with the 96 "Marubi Red" or metallic maroon. Thanks

mine is a 1998 witch seem`s to be th USA 1997 color sylver
Brought the Max at 15,000Km
the year after it goes ; imperial orange nissan sport 1998 (with pearl effect)

2012 version not ready yet

Attachments

• crbst_DSC00046.jpg
    crbst_DSC00046.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 91
1993 Purplish blue? "What we have here, is a failure to communicate"
What we need are PICTURES! If anyone has the 85 purple color, I'd like to talk about a trade or purchase. This was the first color I saw on the Max and was sold out from under me and was stuck with the 96 "Marubi Red" or metallic maroon. Thanks

I agree, It would be cool if people would submit pictures of their bikes, and if possible add the paint code. :eusa_dance: I think it would be a pretty good resource.

2007vmxpaint.jpg

Last edited:
:confused2:What............no Gen II colors wanted:tantrum: thats ok Ive had a few first gens, heres a 92,stock paint!

Attachments

• first max 92 still stock.jpg
    first max 92 still stock.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 99
I got the bike in the fall of 2011 it is the Factory color of black. This is a photo of it before I knew who the Mod Monkey was, evil little bastard.

picture.php

2004 Flat Black with silver stripes
Here are some periodic photos of my mighty Max as the Monkey slowly morphs him into my kind of awesome: Transmutation

This is mine in its current metamorphosis stage
picture.php

Last edited:
Hiwaystar,KJ and Klatuu, great posts! Twisted, well brother, that post sucked dead donkey balls. A close up overhead of the airbox or fender, and full picture frame side view are best. Non stock paint jobs need not apply to this post. Just saying...This should not be a hard thread to complete guys. C'mon, post up them pics with year and color name if you know it.

2004 Flat Black
2005 Shift Red with flames

Attachments

• VMAX_The_Look.jpg
    VMAX_The_Look.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 87
  • _DSC0317.jpg
    _DSC0317.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 77
  • _DSC0320.jpg
    _DSC0320.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 66
1985 'red'

SANY1205.jpg

the 1985 "purple" color is called dark amethyst something or other, as I recall.

Amythest, my birthstone color!
No wonder I like it so much! Pictures, we need pictures!

Hiwaystar,KJ and Klatuu, great posts! Twisted, well brother, that post sucked dead donkey balls. A close up overhead of the airbox or fender, and full picture frame side view are best. Non stock paint jobs need not apply to this post. Just saying...This should not be a hard thread to complete guys. C'mon, post up them pics with year and color name if you know it.

Patrick, that pic of my 92 was taken before this forum exsisted, or before digital cameras ,that was a scan of a pic in tough shape.That was the stock color. I ended up putting a chain on that bike. :ummm:I will try to refrain from dead donkey ball sucking posts:bang head:

Back