Gas Can in Tail Pack

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id run the passenger seat but its only for Gen 2. Not so keen on the fender version but with 8 liters, nice add on. I only get abot 120km a tank.

This is the route I would go personnally since I have slant bags: http://www.jpcycles.com/product/721...haI0ZbcYuNdmxTHVlo4PE7lu9jw1MoylmKxoCxULw_wcB

721-352_A.jpg

I've packed a Tide detergent bottle full of gas before in a saddle bag, but a proper container is worth the $. I let it sit in my yard for 6 months before trying this. I usually can make it to the next fill up. My bike isn't too bad on gas if I'm off the throttle. So far the extra gas has gotten dumped in stranded rider's tanks. A larger tank would be welcomed, or sure . Tks for the link Brian.
The Tide detergent bottle actually works pretty well. My dad has mixed his chaisaw gas in one for as long as I can remember. Nothing pours better than a detergent bottle. No joke!

The Tide detergent bottle actually works pretty well. My dad has mixed his chaisaw gas in one for as long as I can remember. Nothing pours better than a detergent bottle. No joke!
Whats the longest time period you have left it in the Tide bottle? Gas eats through some plastic containers over time.

Whats the longest time period you have left it in the Tide bottle? Gas eats through some plastic containers over time.
I know he uses then for "several" years because they are really faded when he finally swaps them for new ones. I would guess 2 or 3 years, part of that time sitting in the back of a pickup truck, the rest in a shed.

OK, that's it! I'm gonna start stamping out auxiliary fuel tanks for our Vmaxes!

Latest posts

Back