What would you offer?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3200.00 is way to much... might want to consider even slow crashes cause damage some of that may not be so visible. I would start at a 1000.00 and go from there.

It went down "slowly" enough to get levered up onto that master... Make sure it's not blowing smoke and second gear is good. Looks like the motor was protected, though.

I'd say if it's a runner and just cosmetic damage, it's worth up to $2500 because of its low miles for the year. It has a lot of accessories, the seat, the rack, sissy bar...I wouldn't hesitate to spend up to $2500 if you want one, assuming it tracks true. I think it was more than a 'low-speed crash' though, given the amount of road rash and the multiple sites affected. Even the frame can be bent into compliance, by Computrack. I say, offer $1750 if you can ride it and you don't sense any tracking issues, if you do, I wouldn't pay >$1500. A running engine in good shape is $1K. Look at what Pinwall charges for a good low-mi one.

If it runs out O.K. , no second gear issues , all the damage is cosmetic and some of it might be changed to aftermarket anyway , depending on your taste and goals with it. I would offer $ 1,500 and maybe go up to $ 1,750. , to close the deal with cash.

If it runs out O.K. , no second gear issues , all the damage is cosmetic and some of it might be changed to aftermarket anyway , depending on your taste and goals with it. I would offer $ 1,500 and maybe go up to $ 1,750. , to close the deal with cash.

I think this is fair also. I might even go up to $2,000 of it's mechanically good and rides straight.

He's asking what the bike is worth in perfect condition. $1500 max imho IF everything is ok with the frame etc.

Chris

Like jamie said 2nd gear check ask all question. I just bought 2005 vmax front in wreck front forks bent. I paid $1200.00 cash he came down from $2500.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with the bike.

If 2nd gear is ok It can't hurt to ask what he would let it go for ask $1500.00 you never unless ask. And work from there.

I can see in the background that he is a dealer and not a private seller.Not going to be easy to get him or her to come off the price but start with "low speed crash"? Too much rash for low speed so pointing that out should be the starting point for reducing the price. It is doubtful the engine was hurt as it has case savers. Frame is probably not bent as they are strong but any bike going down can bend it so throw that at him.
Also make sure you point out things like "I will have to buy a new speedo, mirror,maybe handlebars bent, have the backrest recovered, foot peg, ect, and start reducing by each item.
There are accessories that add to the price but that is probably why he has the price where it is- that and the mileage.
My prediction is you are not going to get this dealer lower that $2500 and i'll bet he sticks at $2750 lowest.

$2k at most is what I would think. The parts damaged add up to quite a bit. If you do an aftermarket header anyway then no biggie on the muffler.

Back