We'ree now part of the Vmax world! Here to learn!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclehoarder

Reaction score
HI all, My wife and I are avid collectors of old bikes, and eat, drink and sleep motorcycles. We have wanted a Vmax for sometime, and two weeks ago we found an amazingly clean FZX700 (baby Vmax) and brought it home. Well that just amped up the I wanna Vmax discussions. So today I picked up an really nice 92.

The bike has just been completely gone through, new rear disc, caliper and pads, new Corbin seat, 4 into 1 exhaust, K/N stage 7 Jet kit, new battery, new regulator/rectifier, new fuel pump, new tank, new front pads, new starter & internal clutch, new double clutch spring, new shift drum, new second gear, new top end, new gaskets and seals, new neutral switch relay, new intake boots. Run like a scaled dog and sounds awesome. Just needs a good bath and detailing. Came with all reciepts/records in it's life, and all manuals, it was a nice catch!

Thanks for allowing me to be on thr forum, look forward to getting to know all of you, learning, and seeing all you cool bikes!!

Our baby Vmax FZX700 Fazer

Some of our others

Nice! I'm sure I can help with Vmax and Fazer stuff (and upgrades) when you're ready!

The fazer is gorgeous. Nice vmax too!

I was thinking the same thing. I am not normally into red bikes (sorry to those that have red ones, no offense) but that Fazer is beautiful! As for the Max, you're going to love it. She's a beast!

Welcome to the forum and nice collection !! I had a Fazer back in the day, All your bikes look great.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I am blessed with a wife that is into it if not more than me. So we have no filter and no one to ssay no LOL...

Thanks again!

Looks clean, nice catch. And quite a collection you have there.

Not that it matters but, that looks like a stock seat that's been modified. Corbins are 1 piece for the vmax.

Did you tank the faux tank cover off? Just curious what's going on with the air filter setup. With a stage 7 kit, the hose coming out of the clutch cover is supposed to run up to your pod filters/catch can setup. Looks like they just cut it short and put a breather on it. Was wondering what was "under the hood" so to speak.

Congrats! Looks like a nice ride.

Looks clean, nice catch. And quite a collection you have there.

Not that it matters but, that looks like a stock seat that's been modified. Corbins are 1 piece for the vmax.

Did you tank the faux tank cover off? Just curious what's going on with the air filter setup. With a stage 7 kit, the hose coming out of the clutch cover is supposed to run up to your pod filters/catch can setup. Looks like they just cut it short and put a breather on it. Was wondering what was "under the hood" so to speak.

Congrats! Looks like a nice ride.

I was told this was an older 1st generation Corbin seat.

As far as what under the hood, I will have to dig deeper still figuring that out.

Obviously, that seat is a combo Corbin/Stock bolster/Corbin pillon arrangement. An interesting idea. Why don't you show us the undersides of those 3 pieces when you have some time? I'm not the only one who would be interested to see the hardware, shapes, and points of attachment.

FYI, if you look at my upper-right-hand info, you will fine the factory name for your 'maroon' color. If it was a pair of Bostonian shoes, they would probably call it 'Oxblood.'

I think it's pretty-easy to turn that 250 cc DS 7 into a rip-snorting 350 twin. A bit of porting, some expansion chambers and I bet you could get 40 RWHP which is probably double what the DS 7 makes. As I recall, the 350 has the same stroke but is 10 mm larger bore. Easy to do, easy to restore back to stock. Get a pair of those 'sunburst' gold-colored cyl heads, too. So for a ported cyl pair, two pistons, and heads, and a set of expansion chambers, you'll be able to piss-off all those CVO Harleys probably into triple digits. Nothing ruins a Harley's day like being behind a two-stroke blue cloud from a standing start.

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_ds_7_1972.php

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_r_5_f_1972.php

Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back