VMax fuel economy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mileage????? Who needs mileage!!! If I wanted mileage I would buy a scooter:rofl_200:

max_caper, you would do better if you went to 147.5 mains. The bike is probably rich with the 155's, even if you are just running a Jardine/Hindle knock off system:biglaugh:

Heck I only get 33 MPG with my 1428 and EFI. Need to rip off the EFI, resleeve my engine, and go back to stock, my mileage sucks LOL!!!!!!:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Stock Vmax, highway miles today, 100 total, at 75 mph. Started with a full tank and took 2.3 gallons to fill, which resulted in 43 mpg.

:eusa_dance:

I have a question about how really accurate all these measurements are: how does everyone 'fill' their tank?

- do you fill until the first pump click then stop?
- do you carry on filling?
- how much - when do you decide it's 'full'?

I fill up until the gas is about an inch from over flowing.

:eusa_dance:

i just got about 36mpg with 75/85 mph cruising, limited wrist spasms.

i keep filling it until its at the neck or up to an inch above and it stops going down. takes usually 3/4 tries after the first click.

man i can usually get another .3-.5 gallon in aftr that first click

That's what I mean - depending on how much more you put in to really fill it up, it may make quite a difference in MPG readings.. :confused2:

I would think that most people fill up their own bike the same way consistantly. It may differ a bit from what you or I may do but as long as they are consistant thats all that matters.

FWIW, I put as much fuel as you possibly can in the tank. Once it clicks, the nozzle comes out and I keep fueling to the point that if I put another 1" of gas in the tube it would overflow. Gotta have enuf room to put the cap back on without spilling any, LOL.

yeah I just got 24 mpg, I only got 60 miles on this last tank. Now I was only doing in town driving, so a lot of short trips (at highway speeds) so I can't complain. :D

lol same here - I used to get 95-105 miles doing mostly highway (85ish mph), but since fitting the Supertrapps and running mostly in town, I got 69 and 83 miles out of last two tanks..

BTW, when I fill up, after the first click, I also pull out and keep filling 2 or 3 times, but can't go all the way up the filler tube or the overflow starts spilling it all under the bike.

Seems like I'm right in the ballpark.... I'll see 42 with conservative highway riding(70mph, boost off), and about 39 normal highway (80-85mph with some wrist spasms). My worst ever was 31, almost all around town and lots of stoplight launches.

I tend to average about 38 mixed. Dynojet stage 1 w/ K&N and Holeshot slip-ons, otherwise motor is stock.

Two tanks ago, highway riding was 41.5 or so. Just got fuel today after boosting around town and going stoplight to stoplight against my bud's beefed up sporty (it is honestly pretty fast, but I can still beat him after he spend a few K on engine alone) many times and it was 32 mpg. Sooo, it reallly seems to depend on your riding habits. I was bent out of shape for awhile wondering how all these poeple were getting 40+. I finally found out I can get it, but not riding like a hooligan on the twisty, backroads of PA. Highway going 70-80, no problem gotting 40+ mpg.

Sooo, it really seems to depend on your riding habits. I was bent out of shape for awhile wondering how all these people were getting 40+. I finally found out I can get it, but not riding like a hooligan on the twisty, back roads of PA. Highway going 70-80, no problem getting 40+ mpg.
THATS THE KEY , IF YOU RIDE LIKE A " HOOLIGAN " YOU GET 12-25 & IF YOUR RIDING HOME LIKE THE MORNING AFTER YOUR GIRLFRIENDS PROM & YOUR WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED & WEAR AM I , DOWN THE OPEN ROAD , YOU CAN GET 25-46 MPG !...:punk:... MAN I LOVE THAT WORD " HOOLIGAN "...:rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:

another forum i frequent uses HOOLIGAN and BADASSHOOLIGAN as names when yu get to a certain post count:punk: *nudge*

Thread hijacker, thread hijacker...I'm going to PM the moderator!!!! LOL!:rofl_200:

Dale Walker recommends 155 mains with his exhaust system. If you have reason to claim that Dale Walker is a hindle/jardine thief you should take this matter up with Dale and not make such comments in an open forum; such comments from the VMOA vice-president may get you into various levels of trouble.

Maybe after you go back to stock you won't need a scooter and you will also be able to beat that '85 Max that took you in St. Thomas...excuse-free!:clapping:

Blaine

Mileage????? Who needs mileage!!! If I wanted mileage I would buy a scooter:rofl_200:

max_caper, you would do better if you went to 147.5 mains. The bike is probably rich with the 155's, even if you are just running a Jardine/Hindle knock off system:biglaugh:

Heck I only get 33 MPG with my 1428 and EFI. Need to rip off the EFI, resleeve my engine, and go back to stock, my mileage sucks LOL!!!!!!:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Thread hijacker, thread hijacker...I'm going to PM the moderator!!!! LOL!:rofl_200:

Dale Walker recommends 155 mains with his exhaust system. If you have reason to claim that Dale Walker is a hindle/jardine thief you should take this matter up with Dale and not make such comments in an open forum; such comments from the VMOA vice-president may get you into various levels of trouble.

Maybe after you go back to stock you won't need a scooter and you will also be able to beat that '85 Max that took you in St. Thomas...excuse-free!:clapping:

Blaine

Yep, Dale recommends 155 mains..... IN TEXAS AT SEA LEVEL. But hey who am I to speak out. Not that I have ANY experience at jetting carbs.... oh wait I got more experience changing your jets than anyone has a right to. Get stuffed!!!! Who are you to give me crap about the race. You won't even show up for goodness sakes. Too expensive if you break your bike:rofl_200: Don't you worry bout me being VMOA VP, last I checked you bash the VMOA more than anyone I know so your opinion matters about squat to me.

so, what kinda oil should i run??:rofl_200::rofl_200:

just kiddin:rofl_200:!!!

i pulled off 45 mpg yesterday on a nice hwy ride....mostly 65 mph with a cple v boost rippz:punk:

Back