Should he be fired????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He shouldn't have been fired, but a good ass kicking posted on U-Tube would be nice to see. He's having way to much fun being an ass hole. My neibor is crippled from a car accident. 2 little kids and a wife. While we were digging him out a pick up with a plow did the mound at the end for zip. Good people are out there if you look hard.
Steve-o

He shouldn't have been fired, but a good ass kicking posted on U-Tube would be nice to see. He's having way to much fun being an ass hole. My neibor is crippled from a car accident. 2 little kids and a wife. While we were digging him out a pick up with a plow did the mound at the end for zip. Good people are out there if you look hard.
Steve-o

Agreed. I skipped around and I didn't see him actually doing anything wrong, just acting like a douch.

No firing. I wouldn't want to work with him though. If you turn off the sound, he's doing what he's supposed to. He just needs to shut up.

Shouldn't have been fired. They all get a kick out of it. I know the town plow guys so they don't bury me :biglaugh:

Doesn't look like he did anything wrong at all as far as his work was concerned. A little common sense would have gone a long way for the video. Dub the audio with music and no one would have cared.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I just got to thinking. I used to do a lot of plowing with my pickup. I had a 93 dodge turbo deisel. I plowed the roycroft inn, an upscale place near me. It was never my intention, but on occasion I would set off some of the car alarms from getting to close, with my old rattley deisel. never hit any cars though. Never got fired. just doing my job.

I'm pretty sure ANY company would Fire an employee that brought that much Negative publicity to them.

Let the laid off ex-employees of the municipality, who have lost their jobs because of privatization, cut-backs, or simply the poor state of the economy, decide if this guy gets fired or not.

In any event, the fellow has obtained his "15 minutes of fame". So much easier to do nowadays!
requirements-
-Internet access
- a camera
-an incredibly stupid, or dangerous, or illegal, or vulgar, or degrading, or hate-mongering stunt or action that can be filmed and posted.
-no concept whatsoever of common sense, and/or an intelligence level well south of normal range.

I'm pretty sure ANY company would Fire an employee that brought that much Negative publicity to them.

The problem is these type of trucking companies struggle on a daily basis for drivers. The first issue is passing the drug test. Then can they actually drive the truck. We had a hired truck. After he pulled out of the widener, he left his PTO in, the box went up and he hit a bridge at 45 MPH. First day on the job. To these companies, a good driver is worth his weight in gold.In the summer when work is full bore, we have 20-30 of these guys driving hired trucks for our company. I've seen a lot of them thrown off the job for incompetence, but never for there mouth. If he's a good driver, I guess the question is are his abilities to earn you money worth the bad press. In this case the answer is no.

Reminds me of this guy, There are just some things you don't post on public media. My take on the thing is; you have the right to speak your mind but when your an employee, like it or not, your representing your organization 24/7 and when your organization is in a town with a military base near buy and your business receives a majority of its customers from the military, it would be a good thing and not drink then fire up the computer.

Fairbanks restaurant manager quits job after Facebook post

Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:52 pm
By Jeff Richardson/[email protected] Fairbanks Daily News-Miner

FAIRBANKS — A manager at the local Boston’s The Gourmet Pizza franchise has quit after criticism of the military posted on his Facebook page went viral Tuesday.
Dusty Westbrook posted an item complaining about frequent requests for military discounts, saying it’s “pathetic” they expect a markdown while other professions — such as health care workers, police officers and firefighters — don’t get one.

“I’m sorry YOU signed up for this job you CHOSE to take this filed (sic) YOU picked to work and defend the US I’m sorry you don’t deserve anything,” the post stated.
Westbrook didn’t mention Boston’s in the post, but his Facebook profile listed him as a manager at the restaurant. A screen grab of the post — his Facebook account has since been deleted — went viral among some local Facebook users, being shared more than 300 times by early Wednesday afternoon.
Emails of Westbrook’s post also were sent Tuesday to Boston’s corporate headquarters in Dallas. By Wednesday morning, Westbrook said in an interview with the News-Miner that he had “volunteered to quit” but had not been pressured to do so.

Westbrook said the Facebook post was unrelated to his job at Boston’s and was triggered by something he’d seen on TV after drinking a few beers. He said he was surprised by the immediate response and that he regretted the post and apologized for the sentiment.
“I’m one of those people that rants and raves,” he said. “Realizing the next morning what I’d said, I thought, ‘Oh, crap.’”

Michael Cervantes, the local franchise owner, said he’d received several calls about the issue and had been contacted about the post by corporate officials. He confirmed that Westbrook was no longer affiliated with the restaurant.
A post on the Boston’s Facebook page apologized for Westbrook’s comments and said the company “strongly disagrees” with his opinions on the issue.
“We are deeply sorry that an individual no longer associated with our company made comments online that may have raised any doubts regarding our support for the U.S. Military, as Boston’s has always had the utmost respect and admiration for the men and women serving our country and fighting for our freedom,” the post stated.

Katie Beauchamp, the social media coordinator for Boston’s, said the company had been contacted by numerous people about Westbrook’s post and still was getting complaints Wednesday.

She said Boston’s corporate officials discussed the issue with Cervantes but weren’t involved in any personnel decisions regarding Westbrook. Because the local Boston’s restaurant is a franchise, such decisions are made at the local level, Beauchamp said.

The guy is just doing his job. He can't change the way snow plows work. But don't get me wrong, he is a dick.

I agree he was doing his job. What got him fired was videoing how much enjoyment he got from doing it. I guess hes warm now but not making any cash huh? Some people are fkn idiots .I guess hes been DOGGED !!!

Back