150 or 170 for the back?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 120 isn't designed for the front rim width. Does it turn one way a lot more easily than the other? I'd check the steering head bearings.

I ran a 120 Shinko Tourmaster in front last season and ended up seeing some rubber welded to the bottom of the front fender. Pretty sure this was because the Shinko is very soft and expands as speeds go up.

I am still riding on the 120 and really don't think it's much of an issue if you keep speed under 90 mph.

My next tire for the front, however, will be stock size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I've ever gotten 4000 miles out of a VMax rear, and I don't do burnouts, and usually buy Dunlops and Bridgestones.

I can get 7,000 out of a rear Metzler 880.I don't do burnouts and don't do much city riding but do open up the v boost from time to time but rarely in first gear.

Way too low. 40/40

I am surprised you recommend 40/40. I would never have thought of going that high as a 'solo' rider. I have always had more psi in the rear than the front on every bike I've ever owned. I will give it a try, but expecting a hard ride.
Thanks

I've been running 38/40 on everything for the last few years. This summer I went 42/44 on my tenere for 11k miles. My last long Vmax tour was at 40/42. I don't think you'll feel that it's so much more harsh. You might want to do some suspension upgrades, but that's not really a bad thing anyway.

I am surprised you recommend 40/40. I would never have thought of going that high as a 'solo' rider. I have always had more psi in the rear than the front on every bike I've ever owned. I will give it a try, but expecting a hard ride.
Thanks

Your suspension is supposed to do the job of the "ride" and not the tires. If the tires are contributing to how soft you get your ride then they are not adequately aired up and are flexing around in corners too. I think you'll find much quicker steering and more sure footedness. Now, there are a lot of other upgrades as well and I do offer a lot of options (solid motor mounts, frame braces, fork braces, shocks and springs, radial wheels and more).

Your suspension is supposed to do the job of the "ride" and not the tires. If the tires are contributing to how soft you get your ride then they are not adequately aired up and are flexing around in corners too. I think you'll find much quicker steering and more sure footedness. Now, there are a lot of other upgrades as well and I do offer a lot of options (solid motor mounts, frame braces, fork braces, shocks and springs, radial wheels and more).

I went 40\40 yesterday haven't had a chance to ride it hard if the weather permits I'll find out this weekend if it works for me thanks Sean

Sean Morley
I had a problem trying to visit your websites. Your main site is re-directed to something called 'artisan builders'? 1st site is 'not found'.
is there an updated site?

Lol.....I guess that I ride differently than others....my shinko was showing NOTICEABLE wear at 3500 miles...and I'm guessing that 4500 would've been it.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

I agree with you on the Shinko, Traumahawk. I ride the 170 and it is about a 5K tire but stickier than a frog's tongue. I like it even if it is a one season tire. It gives me a ton of confidence. I got about 5000 mi out of the last one and put on another for Spring. :punk:

Sean Morley
I had a problem trying to visit your websites. Your main site is re-directed to something called 'artisan builders'? 1st site is 'not found'.
is there an updated site?

Best to email me. Our Facebook Morley Muscle is still working and has a lot more pics then our site had. Pics of project bike builds as well.

Email is [email protected]

Latest posts

Back