harley-ist

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxrom

Reaction score
Hy,
That Sunday morning my Lady and i where talking about every thing and so,

Then she ask me :ummm:

:ummm:from when or where the harley`s harley-ist :ummm: (the ones who don`t talk and not salute other bikers and finaly brained to that having a harley is not having a bike)

I think it's like this: Harley rider that thinks he's better then other brand riders is a Harley-ist , kinda like an elitist

Maybe it's just me but wtf did you just say...? eh... :confused2:

i`m saying that;
when you cross bikers on the road, bikers will raise there hand to salute you
harley-ist won`t, if your riding hd they will
looks like after buyng a hd next thing is to reconise a metric bike and a hd:rofl_200:

you stop for a coffee at Tim Horton;
harley-ist will ron`t come to you for talking, haley-ist will even give shit to hd howner when they do so

a co-worker will get is new bike;
`` hy body got your new kike he!? :biglaugh:``
`` it`s not a bike it`s a hd:damn angry: ``

maybe at your place it is not like that, but here, it is, and it`s whurst in town

and y try to found when it began to be like that

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: Those videos had me laughing like crazy... Cause i have been there..lol..:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I never was the Harley Type guy..But my brother has a 2006 Victory vegas and 1 friend a 2012 victory 8 ball vegas and 1 friend a 2008 jack pot another one has 2008 victory hammer and i can tell you that some harley guys dont like them either cause they are not harleys..:rofl_200: Im a vmax die hard from years ago but when i get a chance im gonna get a Victory Hammer they are very cool bikes to me and the power is awsome:punk: and harleys dont compare.. i have rode all of them and for around 8-10 grand you get a 250mm tire and inverted front end and a OD transmission and handles great.

I've ridden HD for years and never experienced this in Ontario. Back in the 80's... yes for sure! All the hardcore 1% HD riders wouldn't wave at anyone other than a HD I can remember. I don't see it anymore. Nowadays it's a crapshoot, most wave, some don't but that's rare in Ontario. I think that barrier was broke down a long time ago. Nowadays most HD riders started out on a jap bike or still have one in their stable. No different from anyone else I find, just my humble opinion and experience though. Peace. Doesn't matter what you ride now we are all a brotherhood.

Happens on all brands , I wave if I'm on the Harley , the VMax ( when I had one ) or the Honda . If you wave back fine , if you dont fine . When I stop and there's another bike around , I talk to the guy ( or girl ) , point is , dont group riders by the brand they ride . There are assholes on EVERY brand . Most Harley guys are very normal people who get caught up in the image just as sportbikers do .

You're on 2 wheels and so am I...ride safe and have fun...

And that's all I gut ta say about that...:punk:

In the past 9 years I have had 11 bikes- never a HD. I have never ridden a Harley nor do I really have a desire to. My reasoning, albeit childish, is the attitude of 90% of Harley riders I've come across in Florida.

My experience on my bikes:

98 Yamaha Vstar750- first bike. Most cruisers waived. Sport bikes wither waived or flicked you off 50/50
First time every hearing the term "Jap-Bike"- usually the unsolicited opinion of a harley rider

80 Suzi GS550L- Strangely alot of Harley riders told me they used to have one, then told me how I should put the stock seat and rear fairing on and how the clubman handlebars were a waste of money. Waved at pretty much universally and although the paint was sihtty and bike rarely ran right- the cafe thing seemed to be universally accepted by everyone except the "harley-ist" of riders and a small group of Norton and Triumph die hards.

98 Suzi SRAD GSXR- obnoxiously loud and stupid fast- only real interaction with other riders was other sportbike riders trying to race. Had a hot start issue and was left by the road several times being passed by all sorts of riders who looked the other way.

85 Honda VF750- didnt have it long enough- totalled it about 3 months after work was finished on it.

00 Kawi ZX6- bought as wrecked basket case and left to rot in the yard- put together in a single weekend after wrecking my VF750. Strangely it turned out really cool- had a steampunk look to it and everyone always gathered around it at gas stations and events. Not as many waives but more looks than any other bike that Ive had.

94 Honda Shadow ACE- least favorite bike- worst reception. Ugly teal and white- wanna be harley- mustang seat with tassles, tons of chrome including an airbox cover with an eagle and "born to Ride" etched in it. Bought it cheap and sold it fast.

85 Suzi GS700E- nobody liked this bike and I have no idea why. It was in pristine condition and a prime example of the era's transitioning- but nobody liked the damn thing. I ended up being forced to part with it after I lost my job. Few waves- no real interest negative or positive.

97 Suzi Katana- bought on a budget and streetfightered quick- good sportbike reception. Waves, talks- nobody believed it was a Katana. Harley and cruisers alike- no waives.

85 VMax- best reception albeit the most obnoxious one. Everyone and their dog wants to stop and talk about it. Harley riders waive more often than not, sport bike riders waive almost always.

Point is no matter what you ride someone somewhere likes it and someone somewhere hates it and everything it stands for. My boss is a harley guy (has a 77 sportster, brand new electra glide and a springer) and I hear daily about how Harleys are the original American bikes, the best riding and funnest bikes to own yada yada yada. He says you have to ride one and youll never ride anything else again.

Im not taking any chances.

Just my 2cents

(others are an 87 rebel and a 70 gs700- both never saw the road)

Back