final wish

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppop

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I have a task I'm working on. I have a patient that is terminally ill. She doesnt have much time left, but is a HUGE Jeff Gordon Fan. Does anyone have any NASCAR connections or any way of getting in touch with Jeff? I would appreciate any help and would love for him to see her before she passes. She may have just a few months left. Thanks again!(This was by the wife).Ive never met this girl,But the wife came in crying this is one of her paitents at the hospital where she works.She has cancer and is expected too pass on very soon.I ask the wife Why do you get so attached.She answered becuace she is only 33 and this is her final wish!I do feel for the girl so if anyone has any ideas on helping make this happen i would appericate it.Like the wife said thank you all in advance,Whether you can or can't.This is very rare for my wife to be touched so deeply.thanks poppop@ wife.

Poppop,

Great gesture on the part of you and the wife, If I had anything of Gordons I would pass it on, but sadly do not.

My Best,
O

Might want to try reaching out via social media. Facebook, Twitter, Google +, etc. Might be a good way for the right person to see it and make the connection for you.

I know I heard on the radio they are giving away tickets while supplies last for the Daytona 500 at Chevy dealerships for doing some sort of test drive of a new vehicle. I don't know all the details but it might be away to get your hands on some tickets. Far from a fan experience that you are looking but it is a start.

Ditto, Jeff has to have a FB page ,thats the first place I'd start, then Rick Hendrick.If theres a will theres a way, sounds like its to late to pray for anything but for her to have her chance to meet Jeff,so that I can/will do.

I knew it was a long shot to say the least but like the wife said you dont know till you try.And we thank you.My v max brothers!And a very heartfelt thank you from the wife.They dont come any better than you guys.We are trying fb and she called hendrick motorsports today,And was old to get in touch with the geff gordon foundation.She is working on that,Called several numbers never found the one that she needed.Going to try again tommorow.

My wife is a cna at the local hospital and has tried to reach you.She has a patient that is dying of cancer,This girl has one of the rooms in her home deciated to you.And all the things she could find about you she has.Her life is coming to a end.And she Love to meet you.I know that is not possible.But is there any thing that you could possibly do.Mabye a phone call?You are truly this girls hero,And she would just love so much a simple call.You can email me at [email protected] sure you are busy,But if you could we would be very very grateful.For just a couple of minutes Thank you so very much.This is her last Wish.Second facebook message Hope it works out

Wow, poppop. Let us know how it turns out. It would be hard to not think poorly of Jeff Gordon if he doesn't every reply to you, but we have to realize that guys like him probably get similar requests daily and can never reply to them all, or any perhaps. But, think how cool it would be if he actually did.

The whole womens unit at the hospital is in on this.I wont feel badly at anyone only sorry for the girl.The wife cant tell me much becuase of hippa.somekind of privacey law.Mabye she will get a call.The hospital deals with so much death.But there is life too.A lot of newguys being born too!

Found [email protected] on the foundation website, might be worth shooting them a quick message and tag it with the urgent flag.

The following are listed as board members for the foundation and I would imagine anyone one of them could easily get in touch with Jeff Gordon directly.

Jeffrey W. Chell, M.D. - also a chairmember for the Make a Wish Foundation (another group you could reach out to since they specialize in this sort of thing).
Got an email for him off of a resume type document kicking around the internet [email protected]

Mr. Rick Hendrick - too many layers to get to this guy directly

Ms. Dianne Chipps Bailey, found her info at her parent company (Robinson Bradshaw) [email protected]

Mr. James Reichard, too many people with the same name

D. Wade Clapp, M.D., Pediatric ward at Indiana University [email protected]

Mr. Glenn Schineller, no luck on this one

I hope this helps!

Found [email protected] on the foundation website, might be worth shooting them a quick message and tag it with the urgent flag.

The following are listed as board members for the foundation and I would imagine anyone one of them could easily get in touch with Jeff Gordon directly.

Jeffrey W. Chell, M.D. - also a chairmember for the Make a Wish Foundation (another group you could reach out to since they specialize in this sort of thing).
Got an email for him off of a resume type document kicking around the internet [email protected]

Mr. Rick Hendrick - too many layers to get to this guy directly

Ms. Dianne Chipps Bailey, found her info at her parent company (Robinson Bradshaw) [email protected]

Mr. James Reichard, too many people with the same name

D. Wade Clapp, M.D., Pediatric ward at Indiana University [email protected]

Mr. Glenn Schineller, no luck on this one

I hope this helps!
Thank you tex.And we thank everyone no matter how it goes.We will try.Just becuase that's her wish,It dose not look very promising for this young lady.It's not what i would want for myself,But it's not about me,It's about her,Thank you all again.

Back