Well my 1988 Vmax is no more.... acciddent

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, so glad your ok. I am at a loss for words as to what could have happened.
The bike, well its a bike, that is what the insurance company is for. Seeing your abilities posted on the form, I feel you are one of those people that could get it back on the road.

Damn that sucks, but glad to hear that you are ok.

I always wear my gear when riding and this is a great example as to why. You just never know what can happen while riding.

Mike

Glad to hear your ok Todd, good thing for the gear and wearing it !!! Lesson in there for us all !

Glad you're OK man.. The bike can always be fixed or replaced.

Sorry for your misfortune, Todd. Prayers and positive energy coming your way for a speedy recovery.

As an aside, some companies will replace your gear if you contact them and send them photos or the items. I don't know if that includes Joe Rocket, but it sure is worth a try.

Good luck with the bike too.

EDIT: Nope, that policy does NOT include Joe Rocket:

Items typically NOT covered by warranty are failures or damage due to crashing, contact with hot surfaces such as exhaust pipes, cuts by sharp objects and fading caused by exposure to sunlight for long periods. If there is a question of whether the item is covered, please be certain to contact a warranty representative or customer service BEFORE sending the product in for review.

Jesus man, that is some scary shit. Glad you're ok. As for the asshole yelling at you, trooper there or not, I would have politely told him to STFU.. Once. If he kept jawing, he'd be missing some teeth.

Thats sucks man... thank God your ok! As someone familiar with I75, its a miracle you didnt hit a pothole while you were sliding...

Man glad to hear you walked away. I've been in several bad spills. They all suck, but any one you can walk away is about as good as they get.

Thanks everyone.

Front brakes are perfect, so nothing there. The back tire locked that's about all I really know. It could have been back brakes but the bike seems to roll fine.

Glad you are okay the bike can be fixed or replaced so now its the zx14 for Thunder?

Bummer for sure. The loud exhaust may have been hiding the engine knocking noise if it was going south. Usually it will run hot though before it finally lets go.

Glad all is well with your health. I guess it's nice that it wasn't caused by someone else and was just a true accident.

Matt

Was there any indication that something was about to happen or go South?
I have always been under the impression that if the engine were to seize you'd have just enough time to react and pull in the clutch.
As for the tranny, if it failed and locked up, is there ever indication that it is going, or does it just lock?

I've had a engine seize on me. Depending on the speed you are often better riding it to a low side; pulling the clutch can lead to a nasty high side if you aren't careful.

Latest posts

Back