NEWB from NY...Inherited Bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1327NYVMAX

Reaction score
Whats up, I just inherited a 1992 Vmax the hard way. Last summer my father put his PCW 1327 Vmax into a guard rail and did some pretty good damge to it. He was ok with a broken wrist, couple bruised ribs and a concusion. This past summer he had a stroke and will not be riding anymore.

I have the bike now and am trying to figure out what it will need to get it back up and running. I don't know much about these bikes and any help would be greatly appreciated.

So far I know that he will need both rear sets, head light, all the body work, forks, guages, both the clutch and stator cover, bars and all the controls.

The bike has about 10,000 miles on it and about 500 on the bike after it came back from PCW. It is now a 1327 with the chain drive and lowered suspension with Hayabusa wheels and brakes. The bike has a lot of sentimental value so I don't want to get rid of it, I know it is going to be hard and expensive to fix but it is worth it to me.

Please let me know where the best place to get parts is and what other upgrades I may want to do.

Thanks for your help

First let me start off with saying Sorry to hear about your Dad. Strokes can be beat in time so I will say a prayer for him.
If your front end is messed up I would suggest converting over to a GIXXER front end which some here have done. You can find them all day long on EBAY. Be a great improvement from the stock forks, From what I have read you just swap out the whole thing triple trees and all.

I have a clutch and stator cover in the process of a the middle being cut out and laying a clear center with a poilished outter ring.
All these parts can be bought on EBAY. Also check local salvage yards, its sad to say but there are a lot of wrecked VMAX's in the bone yard due to inexpierenced riders on this poor handling torque monster.

And welcome to the Forum.

Yankee

Whats up, I just inherited a 1992 Vmax the hard way. Last summer my father put his PCW 1327 Vmax into a guard rail and did some pretty good damge to it. He was ok with a broken wrist, couple bruised ribs and a concusion. This past summer he had a stroke and will not be riding anymore.

I have the bike now and am trying to figure out what it will need to get it back up and running. I don't know much about these bikes and any help would be greatly appreciated.

So far I know that he will need both rear sets, head light, all the body work, forks, guages, both the clutch and stator cover, bars and all the controls.

The bike has about 10,000 miles on it and about 500 on the bike after it came back from PCW. It is now a 1327 with the chain drive and lowered suspension with Hayabusa wheels and brakes. The bike has a lot of sentimental value so I don't want to get rid of it, I know it is going to be hard and expensive to fix but it is worth it to me.

Please let me know where the best place to get parts is and what other upgrades I may want to do.

Thanks for your help

Welcome to the forum!
Give us some idea what was damaged in the accident or post some pictures of the bike and we can point you in the right direction for the parts. There are a couple of people on this forum that have or can get spare parts so it shouldn't be too hard to get the bike up and running again.

Sorry to hear about your dad. It would be great to get his bike up and running again, and I bet he'd be glad to see it all fixed up again, too. That would be one bike I'd NEVER get rid of. I'm probably a softie, but I'd probably fix it back up just like he had it (wobbles and all) and just keep it that way.

Good luck in your task, and you've come to the right place.

Sorry to hear about your pops. The 1327 cc is a very good engine. Friend in Texas gets 165 hp at the rear wheel with 39 mm flatslides.

Sorry to hear about your Dad! If you put together a list of parts and send along I have a pile of stock parts hangin around I could part with very reasonably. Let me know, heck depending upon where in NY I could even arrange a meet to deliver. Do know that right off I have a stock front fender, will have a stock rear fender & grab rail W/LED light setup sitting here. I will also have a stock headlight ready to go too.

Sorry to hear about your Dad! If you put together a list of parts and send along I have a pile of stock parts hangin around I could part with very reasonably. Let me know, heck depending upon where in NY I could even arrange a meet to deliver. Do know that right off I have a stock front fender, will have a stock rear fender & grab rail W/LED light setup sitting here. I will also have a stock headlight ready to go too.

I am in Westchester NY, PM me and let me know what you want for the stock fenders.

Thanks for all the well wishes this seems to be a great place with a ton of info. I am going to pull the bike out this weekend and get some pics and a more complete list of what is needed.

I def want to do the GSXR front end, I have hear that it makes a huge difference.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!

Latest posts

Back