"modern medicine''

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hospice is great. They helped out my father-in-law years ago and made his last months comfortable and dignified. They know what they are doing and will make sure your dad's wishes are met. In my experience, they are awesome people dedicated to being sure that our aging loved ones don't suffer. Can't say enough good things about hospice. They care.

thank you coffee brake & everybody ! I should find out tonight , they were supposed to meet with the hospice people today !

Hospice is wonderful. My mom did not want to die in a hospital or a long care facility that was her greatest fear.

Dad had his heart attack near the end of mom's battle. Between his health and the stress got to him (he's fine now). I flew up shortly after and met with dad's doc's and the hospice ppl. mom was comfortable, and surrounded by care from both the ppl who loved her and ppl who grew to love her (nurses and aids).

I remember one night watching Buffy (mom was a big fan and we had all 7 seasons) there was at least 6 ppl in her room watching along with her, and helping change DVD's.

She ended up going to a facility where she eventually passed after they done everything possible to make her comfortable. Between hospice, doctors and the family she was somewhat comfortable reguardless of the pain.

Between being there and talking about the old times and appretiating them. not to mention letting them know how much you love them and thank them for all they have given you, along with the hospice, are the best things that can be done.

the hospice people are coming to my parents house tomorrow ! My father said to my mother today , in the morning " i cant take it anymore " so this should be interesting !

my father is home & getting hospice , hes not doing well ! Its hard to see & live through !

Hold tight, C.R.
Hold fast and stay strong, for your dad and mom. They need you now....

You can do it, we all know you can.

my father is home & getting hospice , hes not doing well ! Its hard to see & live through !

so sorry to here this c.r. but keep in mind your pops is headed to a lot better place, i lost my first wife when she was 38 on my youngest sons birthday, and my mom is going thru the same shit now. dave

my father has taken a turn for the worse , for the last year i have had 20 old family movies , 3 from when my father was in the navy , before i was even thought of & 17 of me & my sister , growing up & the rest of our family , until we were in like 3rd grade . I was calling different places to have these 8mm. Tapes put onto dvd ,, but they all wanted me to mail the tapes to them , i don't think so , so a friend told me about a place close to me that does a great job , so i took them there a month ago & they were done a week & a half ago , what a great job they did ! They put everything to music , i haven't seen these movies in at least 25 + years ! Last week-end i was barely able to watch these movies with my father through all of my tears , he was telling me about these navy tapes , when he was off of the coast of newfoundland & in bermuda & another looked like the show "deadliest catch " he was out at see during hurricane donna " in the early 60's , the waves were giant ! He was on a destroyer , & also on another tape there were 5 destroyers out at sea in the middle of nowhere , his was the 4th in line it is a cool but very erie shot ! I wish i could post it ! Thank god they were done when they were ! A week later he doesn't even know his name , his eyes are rolled back in his head , hes flailing around & speaking in tongue like linda blaire in the exorcist movie ! I came home & watched these movies by myself & cried the whole time , just wondering were has all the time gone & how does such a good looking , decorated navel officer wind up like this ? And what is humane about this , he cant eat or drink now without choking , so hospice said do not feed him anymore or give him anything to drink , his organs are shutting down , now he is just laying there gasping for air & its killing me & whats left of my family ! If any of you have old tapes lying around , have them put onto disc now , don't wait like i did ! Now i'm supposed to stand hear & watch my father dye ?

Dude I am so sorry for you and your family. I know exactly what you are going through. I went through this with my Grandfather. If you believe in prayer use it.
We are all praying for you.

CR I'm still praying for you and your family every day, we all have you in mind.

It's going to happen to every single one of us. Your father is blessed that he is being cared for in hospice to help with these days.
You got to spend good times and relive good memories with him in these final weeks, you too are blessed.

Hold fast, stay strong. Do it for your mom. You've done all you can for your dad, now be there for your mom.

Dude I'm sorry it hurts, but you're doing it the right way....

Coffee makes a good point, CR. It may be past the time that you can spend the real quality moments with your dad, but be there for him if he wants to and also for your mom and family. I know it hurts for you to go through it, but I promise you everyone in your family is hurting just the same. Remember all the good times with your family. There is comfort in family strength. Sorry for all you are going through. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

my father passed away tonight, god rest his soul ! 3/5/2009 about 8:40 pm.

Last edited:
I am truly sorry for your loss.....

I lost my Father 2 years ago......

Hang tough.....it does get better

I don't know what else to say...:confused2:

Other than your PM to me arrived as I was typing this and I damn near had a heart attack.....

i am truly sorry for your loss.....

I lost my father 2 years ago......

Hang tough.....it does get better

i don't know what else to say...:confused2:

other than your pm to me arrived as i was typing this and i damn near had a heart attack.....
sorry about that !

Back