Age of Vmax owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my 1st bike early last year (at age 31) and it was my V-max. My cousin had a couple of VMax's a few years ago. It was one of those things where it had to grow on me. You have to admit, the Max has its own look and stance. My brother is the paint geru and ended up painting one of his bikes. I assisted and really got to see what the bike was. I was on the road a lot back then and wouldn't have had the time to ride so I never got a bike. Now that I'm a home body I started looking at the end '07. I didn't see anything other than the Max that interested me. I feel I got a pretty good deal on mine and it was completely stock.

Being my first bike (other than dirt bikes) I was almost alittle scared! I've put about 6500 miles on the bike last summer. Awesome! Needless to say, I'm not scared anymore!! HaHa. My wife & I have taken a couple of trips on it. She don't care for being on the Max for 4 hours at a time. I totally understand. We're going to get a Streetglide maybe late summer, but it won't taken the place of the Max, just an addition to family in the garage!

some people ask why someone young rides a vmax and not a litre bike or a busa or something...

its easy to put a busa in a straight line. now skill is doing peg draggers on a vmax!

The age that people are at when they get a Vmax

After 41 here's the tally, I made it the current age as it was the easiest to tally.

23, 24, 29, 30, 32, 35, 39, 42, 43 -- 2 people

28, 32, 37, 38, 40, 41, 44, 45, 50, 53, 54, 57, 60, 62, 65, 67 -- one each at this age

25, 3 people

I'm surprised at how many guys over 40 run a Max, and at 57 I thought I'd be the oldest!

Oh, a couple didn't give their age

I thought I had answered this post but can`t find it. [must be getting old]

64 years old. 65 in two months. Got my licence in 1960 on a 1948 250 BSA.

I'm 32 and have been riding since I was about 11 or 12. First bike was a Kawasaki Ke 125 (bore out to about 175cc's to accommodate the only piston we could find). At 14 I got licensed for and rode around on a scooter. At 16 I purchased my first street bike, 1982 Honda CB450, then 1.5 years later a 1980 Honda CB750 Custom (I loved that bike). Sold it after 4 years to help support the family....... had an 11 year dry spell *sniff* and finally clued into the fact that 'Hey, I can afford a bike!!'. Two weeks later my '02 Max was being dropped off to me from the previous owner..... :))))) Then I also turned around and bought my wife a '99 Honda VTR1000, great starter bike *snicker*

Shane

Bought my 1st vmax new in 96 when I was 35, the year my first child was born. Before that I bought a new bike every 2 years and have owned many. Now at 48 and with 6 kids, I'm lucky to own any, but have a 96
honda magna that I found for $2700 and my 91 vmax that I recently
found for $2200. Very glad I have a vmax again.

IHAD MY 11TH ANNUAL 29TH BIRTHDAY IN MARCH:rofl_200: AND I HAVE HAD MY MAX SINCE 2005:eusa_dance: HAD LOTS OF BIKES BEFORE STARTED ON DIRT. FIRST STREET BIKE WAS 75 RD350:punk: AT 16 AFTER MSF COURSE.

27 here. Bought my 09 as my first bike as while I was still in Afghanistan. I'd ridden my dad's Kawasaki KLX 650 and 06 Harley Street Bob. But when I saw the new Max, I had to have it.

Got my 2000 in March as a 38th birthday present:biglaugh::eusa_dance:

Im 49 now and have had a few bikes, mostly Hondas 750`s-900`s.
I was just 15 when my dad put me on his Kawi 500 triple (2 stroke)
and from that moment of just riding it up and down the street I was hooked. My brother also rode (Triumph`s and Harleys)
I`ve always had a car but only drove when it was pouring rain.
I was off a bike while I was married to my first wife for 8 long years and finaly was able to get my 2001 vmax in late 2006 (although i`ve wanted one for a good 20 years).
I love my bike and wont part with it and, when it dies I`m going to have her stuffed and put on the mantle LOL>
<<Dave>>:punk:

62 & also have a 110"Warrior w/NOS & other goodies.Been riding since 16 w/sabbatacal of 25 years of after college.On my 3rd Max '''

31- bought mine last summer. I had a v45 magna before that. Definately a step in the right direction. I rode dirt bikes for years. But with a wife and 4 little girls, yes I said FOUR, it wasn't realistic to play in the mud so much any more. The vmax satisfies that void pretty well. I can still ride standing up. Try that on a rattle-trap v-twin!

43 I started riding street bikes when I was 18 or 19? I got out of the street bike's for around 15 or so years them bought my 06 in May of 06 at 40. Every time I think there might be another bike I would like , I can never get past I would have to sell my Vmax lol.

I got mine a month before I turned 22, 2nd bike I've owned, other was a '82 Yamaha 400 Seca. Love this bike, we'll see what happens in the future, might turn over to something more gas friendly...however that's never had any impact before...

Back