SE Florida shop-Under Pressure

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I have posted about Steve, the owner and Chief Wrench at this warehouse space due-west of the E-W runway for the FLL (Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in Dania Beach FL, no kidding, that's its name!). He services whatever rolls-through the door, but his specialty is drag racers and (shhh!) 'street-racers,' whatever that is (those are).

If you are in southern FL and need some reasonable work done, stop-by and see his operation. The walls are covered w/dozens of matted and mounted pictures of his bikes at various speed contests across the SE USA.

He recently took my dyno dilemma engine and another which had a bad 2nd gear, swapped parts, had the good transmission parts swapped, machined and bought new what needed to be done to get me a new shift drum & undercut transmission installed, went through my Dynojet Stage 7 carbs, checked clearances on my rod & crank mains, installed a new stator, and allowed me to save some $$ by giving me the engine to re-install. I then brought it back for final tuning, and I am pleased. It idles nicely, starts right-up, and runs better than it has since I can recall, and I've owned this bike for 19 years.

Steve works w/a friend of mine who owns his own machine shop, Mike, and between the two of them they can do nearly anything you might want to do. I've posted these pix before, but here is a sample of his work.
Under Pressure

2144 SW 38th St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
(954) 792-0442

Attachments

• big valves.jpg
    big valves.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 91
  • cams-Suzuki followers.jpg
    cams-Suzuki followers.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 87
  • cyl bores 1500 cc.jpg
    cyl bores 1500 cc.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 78
  • disassembled.jpg
    disassembled.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 78
  • NOS VMax_2011_10_29.zip
    151.1 KB · Views: 19
  • pistons.1.jpg
    pistons.1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 75
  • pistons.2.jpg
    pistons.2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 75
  • undercut gearsets.jpg
    undercut gearsets.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 78
  • NoS bike.carbs 2_2012_06_07.zip
    132.3 KB · Views: 7
  • NOS VMax.jpg
    NOS VMax.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 81
  • UFO NoS carbs.jpg
    UFO NoS carbs.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I think I might try Under Pressure before I try Boxenstopp in Holly Hill. Sounds like more of a hi po shop with easy to work with guy. Plus he is closer to me. Wish Morley was closer but shipping back and forth eats up a lot of upgrades.

I do like their cylinder head work from what I can see.

I was over at my friend Steve's shop and this is what was on the lifts today in this bay.
Both on the giggle-gas, very-long extended swingarms, brought-in for the installation of the aforementioned items, wide rear rims and whatever-else these guys wanna spend their sheckels on. Both very pretty.

Steve said he runs the air shifters off the nitrous oxide tank, I was not familiar w/this. He said there are some issues that can occur if you don't know what you are doing, but he's done it many times on a variety of bikes.

Take a look at the stuff on these. The bottle is more visible on the 900 RR. The 'Busa doesn't have it in the swingarm holder yet. The Suzuki has some dianond-cut facets all-over the bike, I am wondering if it is going to be very practical w/that done to the controls, good for a show but bad for stop & go traffic. The Harley boys are big-into that metal-edge treatment, I've seen it advertised on the cylinder fins as a finished edge eye candy.

Attachments

• 900RR.JPG
    900RR.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Busa.JPG
    Busa.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 51
Here's another turbo Hyabusa in the shop.

I rode by to show him my VMax after I spent the morning installing my COP's from Gannon and a Dyna 3000 ignition box. See #5657 in What did you do to your VMax today?

Attachments

• Busa.2.JPG
    Busa.2.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 38
Does UP dyno? I used to go to Blais in N. Miami but always prefered Prieto Performance for my other bikes for technical issues. Willing to try someone different.

Latest posts

Back