Good deal or Not

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1967vmax

Reaction score
I have a 2001 jeep wrangler sahara with 141k and a hard top very good condition well i have it listed for 9500 bucks so i said i would trade for a street glide or a vaquero so i had an offer for an even trade on a 2008 yamaha roadliner midnight it has alot of extras like batwing faring rear seat with sissy bar with luggage rack mustasch bar willie max bags floor boards touring seat it also has a jvc stereo with polk audio stereo and a intercom system is this bike worth 9000?

yes kbb, my son always looks at it from what they would GIVE, he said six and I reminded him of the extras and he went to seven. Its winter and I dont think the dealer would give him squat for it, if you sold the jeep you could buy the bike out right and have $$ left. It really only matters that your happy with the deal. good luck whatever you decide.

According to what I saw on KBB that bike is worth more than your Jeep with out any extras. Private party on your 2001 Sahara Wrangler with that many miles in excellent condition is just under $8,000 and the midnight roadliner is about $8,800 with no extras.Not sure about your Jeep options but it seems like a pretty fair trade to me. Remember what a "stealership" will offer is much less.lmao!Mike

I'd say that's a decent trade.

KBB values in this economy are optimistic at best, and keep in mind "excellent" means MINT condition. Something a dealer would stick in the "certified pre-owned" section, a car that with a detailing would pass for new to the average schmoe. Very few cars, especially one with 140k, fall into "excellent".

Extras also don't add much to the value in reality. Dealerships like to play the game on used/traded in bikes with extras by adding up the retail cost of the the add-ons, adding that to the KBB of the bike, then knocking 50% off the extras and acting like you're getting a steal.

I rode a Raider last summer, which I think is just a slightly punched out version of the Stratoliner motor 1800 to a 1900 or something. It had decent giddy-up for a cruiser, but like any big cc v-twin, it just doesn't rev. Just as it starts to pull hard, it crashes into a rev limiter and that's that. More than adequate power, but it falls just shy of exciting.

Latest posts

Back