Made myself a cool set of rad, covers - more possible

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunetly Polish Postal do not provide FLAT RATE shipping - too bad.
The cheapest package send by PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL runs ~30$ for 1kg
while sending to US or AFRICA (same rate).

Sending one set cost ~30$ but sending 2 runs less - about 45$.

Minimum order would be arounbd 8 sets as I need to buy new sheet anway.

I can accept pay pal or wire transfer (bank). In this case Im covering PP fee.

When we get 8 customers I will calculate everything precisely and will let ya know guys.

Prez

yep, they are in fact tuning forks. google the evolution of the logo. yamaha in its infancy has musical roots :)

Yup, thats obvious and Im a dumb ass - I have had one of those famus "mind black outs" :rofl_200:

BTW, we are calling tunning for by "kamerton" - that was most confusing LOL
I've spent some time on that logo - to make it possible to cut.

Nice job! I may be interested in one but I do have a question. Looking at the cover, I would think that the air surface area has been decreased as compared to the stock cover. Have you or will you test the cover for air flow as compared to stock:ummm:......asking if the air flow/cooling effect will be similar to stock. Thanks and again, nice job. Rick

Nice job! I may be interested in one but I do have a question. Looking at the cover, I would think that the air surface area has been decreased as compared to the stock cover. Have you or will you test the cover for air flow as compared to stock:ummm:......asking if the air flow/cooling effect will be similar to stock. Thanks and again, nice job. Rick

You you are right and no, Im not planning any flow tests.
People are running with many diffrent types of grille and I never heard any complain. Maybe someone heard something?

Personaly I dont think I will ever feel any iffrence.
Do you have any cooling problems?

Last edited:
I did notice that when on the center stand while syncing the carbs ( outside ) that the gauge did indicate warmer than I expected, ie, went up past the mid point, however, I don't attribute this to the cover.....could be inherent in the Max or I could have.....well, too many other variables to mention in regards to cooling system. I'm simply a retired ( for now ) and terribly "anal" engineer. Rick

I did notice that when on the center stand while syncing the carbs ( outside ) that the gauge did indicate warmer than I expected, ie, went up past the mid point, however, I don't attribute this to the cover.....could be inherent in the Max or I could have.....well, too many other variables to mention in regards to cooling system. I'm simply a retired ( for now ) and terribly "anal" engineer. Rick

No worries, I understand your feelings :)

I wanted to design something cool looking, still functional and rust proof at the same time - I worked with this for quite a while trying to find the best compromise beteween "fancy", "cutting possible" and "still functional".

I also cant cut too much for two reasons: all thingy may fall apart due thin walls or laser cut burn it trough to the "brown".

I can add some perforation to the grille by your personal request.

That was quick...

Could you make the tuning fork logo smaller on the front? About half size, that version looks like it may restrict too much air :confused2:

And can you put Vboost on the carb/intake covers?
sorry for being so annoying, I should have been clearer in my post

That was quick...

Could you make the tuning fork logo smaller on the front? About half size, that version looks like it may restrict too much air :confused2:

Will do.

And can you put Vboost on the carb/intake covers?
sorry for being so annoying, I should have been clearer in my post

Will try.

Any other toughts? It takes some time - I respect my time :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back