Rattle noise on idle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nswizard

Reaction score
Hi guys,

when bike is cold or bit warm I can hear rattling noise on idle when clutch lever is not pulled in.
When I pull clutch lever, noise goes off.

Changed oil just to be sure but noise is still there.
It happens on Vmax 1200 1996.

Any reason to be concerned?

Hi guys,

when bike is cold or bit warm I can hear rattling noise on idle when clutch lever is not pulled in.
When I pull clutch lever, noise goes off.

Changed oil just to be sure but noise is still there.
It happens on Vmax 1200 1996.

Any reason to be concerned?
Mine deffinately makes a different noise but not a rattle. I just figured it was clutch ingagement or something, kinda like 120horse power being harnessed by however many clutch plates are doing whatever they are doing. Someone help me out here. Lol. I don't know how all that stuff works. But I always figured the sound change to be normal but not rattling.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

It usually sounds different with the clutch lever pulled in. Take a video and post it. We'll get you sorted.

My XVZ1300 does it too, worse when cold. I thought I had a rod just starting to knock, could barely hear it but that was the sound. I was quite relieved when I pulled in the clutch and it stopped.

Problem was in fuel mixture and too low number of revs in idle.
For now I cannot hear this noise.
Will see what happens.

Get a set of Kerkers. You won't hear anything... Seriously, I thought I had a problem back at around 20,000 miles.. It was the clutch, warming it up and pulling the clutch lever quieted it. 110,000 miles later, it still does it, and nothing broke. You'll be fine.

Try replacing the half plate with a full one and THAT is when you will hear a rattle.
Add some flatslides and you get even more!

Latest posts

Back