Back From Germany (Pictures for Patriots)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
I recently returned from a 3-week business trip to assist a program at Ramstein Air Base in Germany. It was a great time, and on my time off I visited a couple WWII American cemeteries. It's quite a somber moment. Many of you know I'm retired US Air Force. I spent a few hours at each cemetery meditating on events that happened in Europe and current events in the world. I walked around, finding random names on the headstones and thanking them for making the ultimate sacrifice for freedom.

Luxembourg: 5,076 buried here

IMG_1390_zpsuun2zmfe.jpg

Lorraine (France): 10,489 buried here

Eagle_zpsbdfhcpsd.jpg

IMG_1453_zps7yzxekis.jpg

IMG_1442_zpsq3edwzuh.jpg

IN OTHER NEWS...

I got to drive my Nissan Qashqai ("Rogue" in the U.S.) on the German Autobahn.
Seems I needed another gear as this thing was screaming near the redline in 5th gear at 195 Km/H.

Qashqai_195_zpsw7lgjrsn.jpg

MY V-MAX...

Rode to work the last couple days - no rain or snow + dry roads, I'm riding.
WOW, this beast does not like cold weather!

Thanks for sharing. very sobering. I would think it was very emotional being there and understanding what these men sacrificed.

Thanks for posting. The pics are a great reminder of what America is really all about. We have all these freedoms because of these men, as well as all the living who have served. Which is why we should not disgrace their memories and sacrifices by by letting one single freedom get taken away from us. Today the enemy is much closer to our shores, because it is upon them and among us. Are there enough patriots left to counter the threat? We will find out soon.

Great pictures. It always amazes me when you view any national military cemetery; the precision, attention to detail, and exceptional care of the grounds. The last time I attended a ceremony at one if the FL national cemeteries I talked to the staff and apparently there is a 6 month course with a high failure rate grave diggers must pass before commencing work. The hole in question for the burial I was attending was not large enough to accommodate the urn so they made it larger, buried the burn, and when all was done you could not even tell the ground had been disturbed. I am glad to see our fallen are treated with such dignity and respect. I hope this tradition continues in kind perpetually.

It's a shame "We The People" forget these great Men and Women until a picture brings them all back to life. Thanks for posting.

Back