Ouch!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Slightly tore the Meniscus in my left knee. I tripped over the dogs leash, and boogered up my right ankle. Then the knee started bugging me. Fortunately, there is no need for surgery, or any major expensive treatment. I'm just walking wround like I have a cork stuck up my butt. :bang head:

Keep off it for awhile, it takes time to heal so keep it as still as you can. Ice may help to, just dont go more than 20 min at a time with the ice. Sorry it happened and good luck with the healing. A compression wrap might be good too. What did your dr say?

Basically the same advice you gave me. Thanks, Dr. Casey! (Do your remember the old TV show "Ben Casey"?)

Basically the same advice you gave me. Thanks, Dr. Casey! (Do your remember the old TV show "Ben Casey"?)

Im a nurse so thats as close as I can get. I do remember Ben Casey but I dont think I have ever watched. I respect doctors that give good common sense guidance not designed to empty your wallet, but those can be tricky to find sometimes. Even better if he can scribe something that makes cartoons really funny :clapping:

Yes, alternating heat and cold will help to numb the pain and to break-down any clotting that occurred in the tissue around the wound. As was said, no extremes of temperature or time for the treatments.

Vince Edwards, and was it Ben Gazarra? "Man, woman, birth, death, infinity!" I think was the opening line for the show, w/symbols drawn on a chalkboard. Today's kids may never see a real chalkboard, it's all dry-erase now.

Rest is the best thing to do, maybe an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) if it pains you. I like Aleve or its generic equivalent, naprosyn. Things take longer to heal at our age, Bill. Don't push it.

Bill, I have been going around with the same thing also In my left knee for over six months. I tore it while recovering from nearly sliding off of the second story roof, was kneeling with kneepads at the time. Since I wouldn't stay off of it nor sit and rest for a coupla months, it still gives me pain. Staying off of it now that my remodel is done is letting it heal some now ( final)y. Still hurts though. What these fellows said, my VA doctor also said to me on how to treat it. Staying off of it is key though, my downfall, maybe not yours. Good fortune with it.

Tiger Balm is good stuff Bill. It soothes and seems to have some healing properties. Stay off it
as much as possible for a little while.
Steve-o

Latest posts

Back