European Prices for American Stuff

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
So most of you know I live in Hungary, which has the highest VAT (import tax) in Europe - 27%. In my 7 years living here, I've seen some American products that have ridiculous prices. A small can of Mt. Dew costs a minimum of $1.50. While travelling through Romania, I saw a quart of Slick 50 for sale at the equivalent of $69.

It's the same for cars. You can find an old Camaro or Corvette here in Hungary, but the prices are at least 27% higher than the US. I was talking with my neighbor recently, and it's kind of opposite here. In the US, the "rich guy" drives the Mercedes or BMW. But in Hungary, the "rich guy" drives a 1981 Camaro.

Today, my daughter who lives in Portugal sent me this photo.
A.1. Steak Sauce selling for 17.30 Euros ($18.34 at today's exchange rate). :ummm:

A1_Sauce_Portugal_zps8dtdqkjn.jpg

ouch,and i complain about tax in portugal being 23%...

were does your sister lives?i am from a small town near aveiro.

A-1 demands a high price! Lol. Slick 50 never use I have see what it had done to engines when it first came out.... perhaps the formula has changed (Sean do they even sell that stuff still in the states?) Soda pop, pop whatever you want to call it is also expensive here in my opinion. I bet Monster drinks are $10 or more there....BTW here rich guys are starting to drive the old 60s Camaro too lol

Back