LED light kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasVMax

Reaction score
I was thinking about adding a LED light accent kit to the bike. Once I started shopping, I quickly got confused. :ummm: There are so many kits available, I'm not sure what way to go. Has anybody added LED's to their bikes?
Any help on helping me make a decision will be appreciated.:punk:

I added some that are the strip style. I would not go with that style again, unless you get a kit that can use both strip and pod style lights. The stips work fine in certain locations but for full illumimation youll want to use both styles.

I bought my kit from LED GLOW http://bit.ly/11fHBBv they have nice kits and their customer support is great. Their in Maryland I believe and they ship super fast. I have some good pics of my bike with the kit on it if you wanna see them let me know. Ed

I would love to see the layout you have.
I was looking at a 6 and 8 piece multi colorset on ebay. Are you running the 12 piece set?

I dont like the tubes...cant get them the places I wanted them. I only use the pods and not the precut stuff....easy enough to wire it up yourself I have put the 12 pod kits on about a dozen bikes with no issues

I have the 12 piece kit w/remote and mine are the flexible strips in different lengths and I added a wheel disc on back now and have another disc(not yet installed) for the front wheel. It looks good but I'm still not quite done with it yet.. I have some really cool ideas that are still in design phase so stay tuned.

I personally have used a remote system and I purchased a 30' roll of waterproof tri-SMD lights that you can customize to whatever length you like. You cut them every 3 LEDs and solder your own wire harness. They work great on the bike so far.

I have the 12 piece kit w/remote and mine are the flexible strips in different lengths and I added a wheel disc on back now and have another disc(not yet installed) for the front wheel. It looks good but I'm still not quite done with it yet.. I have some really cool ideas that are still in design phase so stay tuned.

Do you have all 12 on in your photos?

Do you have all 12 on in your photos?

The pics that are posted on here don't show all the lights. I also have lights in the scoops as well as the radiator so pics really don't do it justice compared to in person. And you can get an expansion kit if you don't feel it lights enough. Once I get this dialed in I'll take some "good" pics with a camera. But like I said it looks much brighter in person.

I'm not endorsing this product but have seen it and was duly impressed.
Check Amazon for "LED strip lights".
You get a 5 meter roll of programmable lights which are white, red, green and blue.
The strips are flexible with sticky tape on the back that is completely useless and needs changed out. You can cut these at certain spots to make whatever length you want and can be joined with available connectors.
Cool part is that you can program any color, fades, flashes or just a solid color. They are waterproof. Cheapest I have seen is $17 bucks for just a roll of lights and 27 for complete kit with 12 volt power source and programmable remote.
Light em up!

Your just probably gonna have to experiment to find out what looks best. I did try the pods and didn't get the result I wanted but everyone likes different things. I first just set them where I thought would light the areas I wanted before I actually "installed" them. Then after moving them around I wound up putting them all in the engine areas then bought 2 wheel pods and they work GREAT! The guy who sells the pods for the wheels is now using pics of my bike on his eBay ad. The wheel pods have lights all the way around them and attach to the caliper on back and I made the mount for the front wheel. I'm ordering a few more strips to finish the look then I'll post my final results before the World of Wheels show in late Jan.

Yea, I'll probably use some scotch tape for a very temporary mount. I havent powered em up yet so I'm not sure how bright they actually are. hopefully today I'll find a few minutes to play with em.
What seller on eBay is using your bike?

Ok, I got the pods installed and everything works well. I haven't mastered the remote yet so I'm not sure how to get to the pattern I want yet. here is a video of the lights with the bike still up on the table. I'll get a better video posted tomorrow when I have had the chance to play with the remote for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG8jordoYBI

Yea, I'll probably use some scotch tape for a very temporary mount. I havent powered em up yet so I'm not sure how bright they actually are. hopefully today I'll find a few minutes to play with em.
What seller on eBay is using your bike?

Here's the listing that the guy is using my bike pics for his wheel pods.
http://bit.ly/19m1D3f and actually the one pic showing my rear wheel is the only one that's using his lights. But they are really nice and bright light pods for wheels. The 3rd, 5th and 9th pics are my bike.

Latest posts

Back