Newbie with a few questions.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to ask one other question (ya right only one) below the carb diaphram covers that are painted blue in the pics.. there are two pieces of what looks like vaccum hose sticking out on each side.. what the heck are these and how to I clean the looks up.. they are just stuck through some holds and look like a beaver chewed on them...

Forgot to ask one other question (ya right only one) below the carb diaphram covers that are painted blue in the pics.. there are two pieces of what looks like vaccum hose sticking out on each side.. what the heck are these and how to I clean the looks up.. they are just stuck through some holds and look like a beaver chewed on them...

Well you could replace them with some other tubing...but they are the carb drain hoses. I'm posting a pic that shows where the carb drain screw is.....and the fuel will come out these hoses.

Attachments

• drain tube4.jpg
    drain tube4.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 21
Well you could replace them with some other tubing...but they are the carb drain hoses. I'm posting a pic that shows where the carb drain screw is.....and the fuel will come out these hoses.

yup thats them.. I'll see what I can find to clean the look up of them.. I swear it looks like someone chewed the ends of mine off..lol thanks

I used clear orange fuel line to replace mine. Not as noticeable and my accent color is orange anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ok well got into the bike a bit today and got a few issues fixed and a few more questions came up.

1-I located the Vboost control box under the faux intake, the circular conector is unplugged from this box but I cannot locate the other end, where am i suposed to be looking?

2- On top of the carbs there are what look to me vents but no hoses coming off of them is this normal?
1525644_10151824766252267_1885999811_n.jpg

3- On the right side of the engine on the bottom there is a small hole in the case that seems to be seeping some oil.. What is this and how do I fix it?
1554508_10151824766232267_907115555_n.jpg

any help would be appreciated as this is a steep learning curve for me.

Ok well got into the bike a bit today and got a few issues fixed and a few more questions came up.

1-I located the Vboost control box under the faux intake, the circular conector is unplugged from this box but I cannot locate the other end, where am i suposed to be looking?

2- On top of the carbs there are what look to me vents but no hoses coming off of them is this normal?
1525644_10151824766252267_1885999811_n.jpg

3- On the right side of the engine on the bottom there is a small hole in the case that seems to be seeping some oil.. What is this and how do I fix it?
1554508_10151824766232267_907115555_n.jpg

any help would be appreciated as this is a steep learning curve for me.

1....The other end of the plug in just might be shoved in somewhere out of the way to keep it from falling out. You might wanna look closer to the engine.

2....Those are vents that are connected to the stock airbox.

3....That looks like the weep hole from the water pump, but I'm not certain, hopefully someone will chime in. This forum is a great resource.

1.) You have stage seven from what little is seen in the pics and your vboost is gone.
2.) Probably removed due to previously mentioned stage seven
3.) waterpump bearing may be going bad

so I'm still not understanding why there is what looks like oil coming out of this hole and can't find anything on it in the owners manual.. Plz help

Could it be crusty red coolant? If the pump seal is going bad, it could also have grease mixed with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back