My experience with BRC

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent my carbs in to dannymax after I had a lengthy illness and bike had sat for over a year. After trying all kinds of additives nothing helped. When I got them back they performed great and were so clean, I think I could have sold them as NEW OLD STOCK. The guy just has a magical touch for every part of the carb internals. He installs them on a test engine, synchronizes, and makes sure they are performing like they should before returning to customer. I was pleased with the charges for the work well done and have another set shipping out soon. In my opinion he does have the best carb rebuild services and affordable. You get more than you pay for at BRC.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance: alorio1

Thanks Danny! Got carbs back and just got done doing a sync. Too bad it is only 32F here right now, because I really want to take her for a good spin. Bike is running great and throttle response is definetly better. I probably will take it for a quick ride and just bundle up. Pilot screw was stuck and I butchered it. Quick turn around and great prices what else could you ask for. The video of my carbs on your test bike was pretty awesome. :biglaugh:

Danny has done two sets of carbs for me. One set he did twice, and ended up building me a whole new set out of venture carbs. The others came on my '86 project bike. My first set looked like this when I took them off the bike.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-wSmPeQPBClA/TtqqeF31RLI/AAAAAAAAB0Y/20HhHeU3Fig/w968-h723-no/IMG_20111203_164633.jpg

I got them to here...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-xeJNAqlhpXU/TuWeRO0eZkI/AAAAAAAAB10/0h_uK95Bv2w/w968-h723-no/IMG_20111212_000944.jpg

and sent them off to New York for Danny to work his magic. I got them back a couple weeks later smelling fresh and looking like new. I promptly ruined them (by accident) by filling them with some crazy mix of bad gas and other stuff I'd collected in a gas can and forgotten to mark. Even with the orange jello I'd put in them, they ran great for about a month. When things got really gunked up, I took them off and sent them back to Danny. He called me to talk about what was going on inside them, and it was decided that he'd take all the hard parts and build me a set of 34mm venture carbs to run on my max. The price was totally reasonable for the amount of work that was going into my stuff. Danny spent probably two hours on the phone with me over then next couple days figuring out what had happened, what needed to happen, and what the cost would be. About a week after we'd finished all the arrangements, here comes another box full of sweet-smelling carbs. Another box arrived a couple days later with all my old parts and a sample of the stuff that had been clogging up my carb bodies. Payment was arranged via email with a running tally of parts, expenses, and totals in every email.

Those things ran great. Once I got my plugs gapped properly, I got 40+ MPG with neck-snapping power whenever I needed it. They were barely out of sync right out of the box. Great stuff.

My second set that came off the '86 went to Danny with no questions. I thought, "Hey. I'll work on these myself. I've taken carbs all the way down before and I'm sure it won't be so bad." What a bad idea. It's just not worth it to do all the work myself (pretty well), but still feel like I might have missed something or made some improper adjustment or something. I just called Danny and said, "I've got another set of carbs for you." He said send them up, and less than two weeks later, here comes my box back with everything wrapped better than a liver being sent out for transplant...

I put them on the project bike, which hadn't yet even been started in my possession, and it started right up with a little choke.

Danny's a carb wizard. If you have a problem, think you might have a problem, or just want to make sure everything is as good as new, send your stuff to him. You won't be disappointed.

I Bought Ole 88 last summer ,she'd been sitting 14 years:bang head:. I took the carbs off and got them to DANNYMAX @ BRC. I got them back in less then a fortnight (two weeks) and then they sat in the box under ole 88 until this morning , put them on , put a new battery in the bike , filled the bowls , Crossed my fingers and cranked her over a few times. SHE LIVES and runs good ,THANKS DANNYMAX .
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?...b.100000558468014&type=2&theater&notif_t=like

I just bought my 2000 VMAX and it had been sitting outside for over a year. When I got the bike it ran very poorly. I figured, no big deal, I'll just take it to the local shop and have it tuned up and re-inspected. I ended up taking it to DDS motorsports in Utica, NY and they ended up charging me quite a significant amount to have a carb rebuild kit and new intake boots. Upon picking the bike up it ran just as crappy as it did when I brought it there. The Tech there told me he believed my issue was my bike needed a valve adjustment because he couldn't get the carbs to sync properly. I left there bummed out. I took my bike back home and started doing some research and I got on the forum here and started asking questions. I originally was going to buy a new carb rack and see if that would fix my problem, but then Danny from BRC told me that he could rebuild my carbs for alot less $. Danny's shop was only a few hours away from me, so I removed my carb rack and took them up to him. While there, Danny started taking my carbs apart and noticed all sorts of issues from stripped out sync screws to bent mounting brackets as well as all sorts of other issues he pointed out to me. He told me he was certain my issue was carb. related and not anything to do with valve adjustments. He even gave me a "loaner' set of carbs to use while he was rebuilding mine so I could ride while the weather was still nice. As soon as I put the "loaner" set of carbs on my bike it fired up and ran perfectly. He was right, it was definitely carb related issue. About a week or so later, Danny called me up and told me my carbs were all set and he sent me a video of the carbs running on his test engine and he had them all sync'd up and working perfectly. I made a trip up there and picked up my carbs and brought them home and installed them. The bike fired up and ran perfectly. I hooked up my carbtune pro set and the carbs were darn near perfectly synched. I just had to make a couple of very minor adjustments to the sync screws and it runs absolutely perfect! I'm glad I didn't listen to the original Tech at DDS and start digging into my valves. I was very fortunate to run into Danny and his expert advise and experience working on motorcycle carbs. I was thankful he also allowed me to borrow a loaner set to use while I waited for him to work on my carbs.

Danny is extremely knowledgeable about pretty much anything to do with Yamaha Vmax's. If you're having any kind of issue, I'm certain he can assist in resolving the issue or at least point you in the right direction. His rates were very, very reasonable in my opinion as well.

:eusa_dance::biglaugh:

I just installed carb rack serviced by BRC. Smooth running and only a minor sync. A++ workmanship as above. Definately fixed the issues I was having. I won't hesitate to use the BRC Carb Shop again. Very reasonable pricing.

My spare carb set came middle week and same as above. dannymax does do superior work. Talk about smooth and responsive. Fast turn around time and money well spent. Thanks again Danny!

Just got my carbs back form Danny and couldn't be more pleased. Great performance and response, quick turnaround, very good communication along the way, and great price to boot! He even went above and beyond and helped set the carbs up to run with the new jet kit and exhaust. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Once again another happy customer! I just installed a local VMAXer's carb rack from Danny and perfect as usual. It is hard to explain to some that to do it right...send them to Dannybax BRC.

Had Danny rebuild my carbs fast service great communication fast turn around. Put carbs on bike sync was almost prefect. Went on 100 mile ride with no concerns and carb responce was great. thanks Danny

SEND YOUR CARB TO BRC!!!

Shout out to dannymax and PCW Racing (John Ganey), Schenectady, NY.

I've had my 2000 VMax since 2004. Don't ride a lot, and the bike actually sat for about 4 years after a minor incident. Started to get back into riding over the past 2 years, and the bike performance continued to just slide. Took the bike to a local guy who worked on it. Even after this work, it just continued getting worse.

Emailed Danny: quick responses. However, I was hesitant to do anything, because I wasn't sure what was really wrong:carburetion and/or electrical. Danny was confident carb work would work wonders, but I wasn't comfortable doing the carb on/off by myself. Plus, front fork seals were leaking and ride was just terrible.

Danny recommended getting in touch with PCW in Schenectady, NY. Living upstate NY, I felt I could actually ride the bike to the shop. I called John and asked if he would work with Danny to take the carbs, send them to Danny and then troubleshoot the bike after. He agreed this would work fine. I knew I went to the right place when I got to John's and found VMax bikes, motors, and frames being worked on. Found that nowhere else at all!

The result: the two friends worked together to fix my bike up to better than new. John took the carbs off and found all the issues with carb mounting hardware and plugs and cables. Tested all the rest of the electrical and charging system. More importantly, John remedied and tuned up the front end. I had him put Koso Mini-3 gauge on.

Picked the bike up 3 days ago and rode it home. I really could not believe what the ride was like! The suspension and ride were just outstanding. The carbs look better than new, and the motor just growls along with smooth, responsive on-demand power!

I had pretty much surrendered to thinking that I would need to trade the bike, anticipating I would not be able to find a shop to really get it all right. Between Danny and John, and for a lot less than a down payment on a new bike, I feel I got it all!

Thank you Danny and John for helping me get it done right! Outstanding work from both shops!

I recently sent my carbs to Danny to check them over for a possible issue with #1 carb but he found no issues. He prettied up the look by replacing all screws (that were still JIS) with allen head screws, made sure the rack was put back together nice and flat, bench adjusted the floats then put together a nice video of them running on his sweet sounding test Vmax.
He also gave me a report on what exactly all the jet sizes were and their condition. He said that they were pretty clean when he got them and asked how I managed to keep them this way since I haven't touched them in over 4 years since I got them back from Damon when he was building this engine. My only trick is to hit the one and only ethanol free station in my area (20 miles from me) as often as possible, and regular doses of Seafoam. I also store them with Seafoam over our winters here just above the 46th latitude line/ 650' above sea level.
Thanks for the great work BD!

Awesome job cleaning and servicing my carbs. Great communication and fast turn around time. Premium perfomance from my carbs, my bike runs better than ever. Thanks Danny.

Latest posts

Back