I think the kids caught the motorcycle bug!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nubicon

Reaction score
The little guy was all about the throttle on the Max, and my 12 year old actually fits on the Buell. Good times :biglaugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nheXLc-0HNc

AF1QipP3O51dqiPt29nS8W1h3QOywA8tAZfs9PZBYkHV

AF1QipOXrebA-R1VLI4kUNXQ70X7AR0r0GeIvGDv7fxd

Maybe the third try? (and fix the damned forum, this is ridiculous)

Attachments

• 20161022_171222.jpg
    20161022_171222.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20161022_171052.jpg
    20161022_171052.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 30
I wish I could get my girls into it.Well,they want to but they have an over protective mother that won't allow it.If I would get them one,I would have to get a divorce.I started at age 6 on a YAMAHA 80.I wanted a vmax when I graduated high school but started with something more mild, a Honda v45 magna.I admit that I probably would not be here today if I had a MAX at that age.I waited until I was 38 for that(a little wiser now).

Yep that's how you get them hooked. I got my first bike when I was 15. Washing dishes at a local seafood place. Saved enough money up to buy a dirt bike and found Husqvarna 430 dirt cheap. Talk about go big or go home. Damn thing sat up so high I had to lean it against a tree so I could start it.

That was also the same year a neighbor woke me up on Saturday morning doing burnouts up and down the street on his brand new VMax. I wanted a VMax from that day on.

I tried to get my son interested in motorcycles but it didn't stick. Tried to get him into shooting too, but it didn't stick. When he was around 12 I even tried to get him into R/C racing(something I did as a kid) and it didn't stick. I'm pretty sure I eventually said this:

https://youtu.be/PnNSy6CqTcU?t=13s

I have tried to keep my kids off it. I know how dangerous it is, and how many close calls I've had. My son talks about picking up a bike but I'm not signing off on it even though he's 22. If I could turn off being a rider I would, but not an option. It's damn scary when we realize how distracted people are behind the wheel. Maybe in an age of self driving cars we'll be safer. Seeing how people drive it's just really hard to steer them in that direction.

I have tried to keep my kids off it. I know how dangerous it is, and how many close calls I've had. My son talks about picking up a bike but I'm not signing off on it even though he's 22. If I could turn off being a rider I would, but not an option. It's damn scary when we realize how distracted people are behind the wheel. Maybe in an age of self driving cars we'll be safer. Seeing how people drive it's just really hard to steer them in that direction.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see which one of my kids inherits my obsession with motorcycles. All we can do as parents is teach them to use their heads and ride defensively. There's very few second chances on a bike, vigilance and attention are key!

But if either of them end up with the same feelings about motorcycling as I have there's no way I can keep it from them. My mom tried, and failed. I showed up at home with an almost new Vmax at the age of 19. That was one hell of a first bike :punk:

Yeah, I'm waiting to see which one of my kids inherits my obsession with motorcycles. All we can do as parents is teach them to use their heads and ride defensively. There's very few second chances on a bike, vigilance and attention are key!

But if either of them end up with the same feelings about motorcycling as I have there's no way I can keep it from them. My mom tried, and failed. I showed up at home with an almost new Vmax at the age of 19. That was one hell of a first bike :punk:

It's true, I was 14 when a customer tried to give my parents an old CB350 as partial payment for some roofing (Mom and Dad were both carpenters/contractors), all three of us were there working this job. I jumped off the roof and ran over to this weathered CB350 leaning against the side of a garage. IIRC I was caressing it and he started it up and showed me the gears, clutch and brakes. I took off on it in such a fit of glee, everything was surreal. I do not come from a motorcycle family. There was no motorcycle in any part of my upbringing, ever.

They said NO NO NO!! they were pissed that I even took off on it. For the next week I pleaded, fussed, threw multiple tantrums, fought, threatened to run away and/or quite school, everything I could think of, I didnt let it die for a second. I beat that shit to death until I wore them down. All my waking moments were spent negotiating and fighting. They finally caved, I got the bike and the rest is history. It's the only time I got anything by not taking no for an answer. Never have I wanted anything so bad, I just HAD to have this marvelous magical machine!

I'll help my son get into the saddle after he's had more experience driving, he's actually a very responsible driver so there is that. If he conjures up the passion for it I'll have no choice, just as with guns, I'll have to teach safety, make him take courses and coach him. We did talk about how much fun a father & son tour would be.

My daughter drives like Guy Martin, I will do everything I can to keep her off bikes.

Oh yea. The young man in the video will be a motorcyclist. Might as well accept that now haha.

Back