Got a project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This link will put you in the right range for the bare minimum wiring. Mine was smaller, but my search-foo sucks right now.
http://www.xjbikes.com/Forums/viewto...g+diagram.htm

Good info that. I found a similar barebones wiring diagram for my Honda chopper, enough to make it go and then I worked my around the turn signals,horn, lights etc as I went. Being a bit of a novice at electrical wiring it was a great learning curve and it wasn't really that hard to wire the entire bike in the end.

Last edited:
Wow She's a real Cream Puff, any chance of a flaming paint job. How much horsepower does that beast put out?

No flames, could care less about how much HP it puts out. My Mustang should be in the 6's this year in the 1/8th mile with power windows/locks/air conditioning so that's my speed fix.

Thanks for the diagram link!

QH, you and Jedi suck.:rofl_200:

I want one now. after looking at the pictures, I think a XS650 retro bobber would be a fun winter project.

I really love those retro-esque bobbers. Like I said earlier, that one of Jedi's reminds me of an old BSA like this '66

Attachments

• BSA.jpg
    BSA.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 44

I want one now. after looking at the pictures, I think a XS650 retro bobber would be a fun winter project.

I really love those retro-esque bobbers. Like I said earlier, that one of Jedi's reminds me of an old BSA like this '66

Hahaha I was really lookiing for an XS650 but couldn't find one for cheap enough.

On my way home from work I picked up some 1" 11ga. DOM tubing for my frame. In a bit I'm heading out to tear it down as far as I'm going but keeping it rolling so I can get it to the other garage to cut/weld on.

Doesn't look a whole lot different, but it's ready to head out to get cut on and welded at Jason's. I picked up the 1" OD 11ga. DOM tubing from Des Moines Steel on my way back into town from work. Can't wait to get choppin'!
0224091835.jpg

0224091837.jpg

0224091838.jpg

I want one too!! I had two Triumphs, a 500 & a 650, set up very similar to that BSA, and a XS650 bobber with a 12" over springer, a death trap cause we didn't know much about handling back then, but all neat lookers.
Also prolly explains why my back is a tangled mess.:bang head:

I'll be watching your project with interest 1/4 Horse.:thumbs up:

Well I hope I can make this thing look like it is in my head. I hope to turn a lot of heads at the bike nights with it.

Let's hope I can do it justice then!

Had a few minutes in between work and crashing out tonight so I figured I could get the muffler pulled and the stance figured out. I'm liking this. I also pulled the front fender, I don't need/want it.

0226092054.jpg

0226092044.jpg

Find yourself a Seca Turbo parts bike and move over all the turbo stuff. It will bolt right in and be scary fast in that old frame. Even the engine you have can be used with a few simple mods (hardest one is swapping the oil pump which isn't all that hard either).

Sean

That thought breifly crossed my mind, but I really dont' want to go that route with this bike. If I found a deal on parts, like free, I'd think about it.

I got home late tonight but found a package at the door for me. Threw the drag bars on and slapped the seat in the rough location so I could get a feel. The highway pegs are going away for forward controls.
0303092108.jpg

0303092107.jpg

0303092056.jpg

Not JUST for Conesville, but yeah, it has something to do with it. :D

I won't be making the spring one, but the labor day one I will.

Nice little project ya got going here. :clapping:

When I saw the first pics it reminded me a little ofone of my favorite bikes I had when I was 16. :eusa_dance:

Yamaha 700 Maxim X!! :punk:

123.jpg

121.jpg

Back