Age of Vmax owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious if any of the older guys who posted in the early days of this post are still active.
For my sins, Active since first bike at 17 and now 74. Majority of the time with a sidecar attached to various bikes.
For sure, love our Gen1 Max.

Hi Boys ive been rideing since i was 16 ive had lots of bikes over the years i did love my vincent rapied 1000 ..and cried when i sold it !!! never mind ..i have my [ 1989 ] MAX... had him for 10 years and he is staying ..i am... 75... 3/7/1945 and love rideing MAX.. JUST TWIST AND GO ...AGE IS JUST A NUMBER ... EVERY DAY IS A GOOD DAY[ dennis bristol uk]

I'm 76. Got my first bike in 1958. A 1948 Harley 125cc Hummer. Traded a really nice bicycle for it. My Mom was so pissed. My first new and Japanese bike was a 1966 250cc Yamaha Big Bear Scrambler. I've owned 31 bikes over the years, including two Gen 1 V-Maxes. A 1995 and a 1997. Currently have that 1997 plus a 2018 Yamaha XSR700 and a 1968 Triumph TR6R 650. My 1997 V-Max is completely upgraded with Kosman 18" rear wheel so I can use radial tires, Race Tech cartridge emulators and lowering kit in the front forks, Progressive fully adjustable rear shocks, Venture rear end to lower RPM's to get better mileage on long trips, Corbin seat and too much more to list. I've tried many exhaust systems but got tired of the loud noise on long trips so went back to stock. Also tried every available luggage rack backrest combo available. And of course, lots of chrome and powdercoating. Don't have latest pics on my laptop but these pics give the idea.

Attachments

• Tank - R.jpg
    Tank - R.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 19
  • Front - R.jpg
    Front - R.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Left Shock - R.jpg
    Left Shock - R.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Right Side 1 - R.jpg
    Right Side 1 - R.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 27
Curious if any of the older guys who posted in the early days of this post are still active.
For my sins, Active since first bike at 17 and now 74. Majority of the time with a sidecar attached to various bikes.
Hi y'all, I'm new to the site but Ive been riding since 15 and had all kindsa bikes some of which I fell off. I'm now 70 in November and I am fitting a sidecar to my full power, 1200, 1997 Canadian import 'cos I can't get my leg over my other bikes ( FXSB Harley, Iron head Sportster powered BSA Plunger, 4 Royal Enfields) 'cos I have 6 vertibrae wired together. Looking forward to this site. Jasper

There was another Vmax owner age thread floating around years ago. I went back and found it because I thought I had responded to one, turns out it was that one. I don't think I was in on this one. The other thread dates back at least a decade. Yeah, 10 years since I gave my age on that one. Scary.

It's a Nelson-Rigg lite commuter tail bag. Just put it on a couple weekends ago. It expands upwards another few inches if needed. A buddy had one and I liked how it matched the colors and lines of my 09 and I definitely needed more storage room than just the barrel bag up front . This size still allows me to flip the seat for fuel without having to remove the bag. Seems like the older i get the more stuff I "need" to bring with me lol.

It's a Nelson-Rigg lite commuter tail bag. Just put it on a couple weekends ago. It expands upwards another few inches if needed. A buddy had one and I liked how it matched the colors and lines of my 09 and I definitely needed more storage room than just the barrel bag up front . This size still allows me to flip the seat for fuel without having to remove the bag. Seems like the older i get the more stuff I "need" to bring with me lol.
Amen to that looks perfect for the 17 max thanks for the info

Hi y'all, I'm new to the site but Ive been riding since 15 and had all kindsa bikes some of which I fell off. I'm now 70 in November and I am fitting a sidecar to my full power, 1200, 1997 Canadian import 'cos I can't get my leg over my other bikes ( FXSB Harley, Iron head Sportster powered BSA Plunger, 4 Royal Enfields) 'cos I have 6 vertibrae wired together. Looking forward to this site. Jasper
Welcome.

Hi I am 68 ,just bought my second Max . It's an 86 ,with no V boost {French}. My first was an 85 full power US Import, what a beast !!!!!. I lived in UK then . Had other bikes before and after, but there is nothing like a Max! Thanks to everyone for a super forum. Stay safe,keep well. Laurie.

Hi I am 68 ,just bought my second Max . It's an 86 ,with no V boost {French}. My first was an 85 full power US Import, what a beast !!!!!. I lived in UK then . Had other bikes before and after, but there is nothing like a Max! Thanks to everyone for a super forum. Stay safe,keep well. Laurie.
Crack on and enjoy buddy.

I'm 76. .... My 1997 V-Max is completely upgraded with Kosman 18" rear wheel so I can use radial tires, Race Tech cartridge emulators and lowering kit in the front forks, Progressive fully adjustable rear shocks, Venture rear end to lower RPM's to get better mileage on long trips, etc..
Hats off!! You looked after that really well - very shiny.

That bag is great. I have the same one. They make it look like a carbon fiber finish on the top. Fits the 1st gen also.

VinnieView attachment 72964
I'm ordering one today. I've been looking for something like that for a while that I could throw a couple water bottles and a couple sandwiches in for long rides. Maybe also my jacket liner for if it starts raining.

Thanks guys!

I'm ordering one today. I've been looking for something like that for a while that I could throw a couple water bottles and a couple sandwiches in for long rides. Maybe also my jacket liner for if it starts raining.

Thanks guys!
That's exactly what I use mine for! The fact that is expands up a bit when you undo the zipper is great. I keep water, some quick food and great for the lining in my jacket or my heated gloves (use them in the morn and then switch to summer weight later when it warms up (gotta always be prepared here in Colorado) :)

Vinnie

65 years young here and currently ride this modified 09.View attachment 72967
Beautiful selection of bikes ya got there! I have my Gen 1 Vmax and my (and my brother's; shared) '04 ST1300. Usually not hard to make the decision to ride my Vmax, but on a longgggg ride or in the colder weather (or with a passenger), the ST is the chosen.

Attachments

• VandST.png
    VandST.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back