What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dave will have to have a wrenching party. I am going to need your help getting the engine back in the bike soon, the trans is showing up tomorrow and I have the cases split waiting on it. Once it is back together bring the bike over and let me take it for a spin and see what we can do. The one day you came over it sounded fine but hard to tell without riding it.
What exactly is it doing???
BTW my son loves the guitar!!!

Back on track, I split the cases today:bang head::bang head::bang head:
I honestly don`t think that the bike will make it.
It runs so bad that I wont ride over to rancho cucamonga and thats only maybe 10 miles or so:damn angry:.It started running crappy after I used those non resistor plugs and, the carbs are off pretty bad I think. I`m really glad that he likes the guitar,It`s not a cheap copy make but, I hope he puts it to good use and learns alot on it .(learning on good equiptment is always more encouraging than with cheap stuff.
If I can`t get that thing to run decent it will have to be trucked but, I was going to ask you if I could borrow that carb synch tool again< I think that would help it alot (I dont have $112.00 to give the dealer but I have time to go out to your place.

Any time Garrett....might just get some interesting results! :confused2:

awesome...

while we're trying one of ur front rims on mine, maybe we could also try mine on the one we swap to see if it develops a wobble. that would provide some possibly more definitive results...

just thinking outloud, i'd know if my rim was bent somehow eh? i also assume there would be other indications of it on the bike...

Dave what the heck did you do to that thing? It was running great when I was out there, I was hoping we could get together for a run down to Fargo's soon as well for a little carb synch party.

awesome...

while we're trying one of ur front rims on mine, maybe we could also try mine on the one we swap to see if it develops a wobble. that would provide some possibly more definitive results...

just thinking outloud, i'd know if my rim was bent somehow eh? i also assume there would be other indications of it on the bike...

I don't know Garrett....don't want to give a perfectly stable v max bad ideas!! :rofl_200:

Dave what the heck did you do to that thing? It was running great when I was out there, I was hoping we could get together for a run down to Fargo's soon as well for a little carb synch party.
It went back to doing what it was doing before !
It ran the battery dead so, I used automotive primary wire instead of that heavy wire and it sent the voltage to the battery and kept it charged but then the carbs went on the blink and now I can`t get it to run decent anymore, I`m so fustrated with it that I just don`t know what to do any more.:bang head::damn angry::ummm::confused2::damn angry:
<<Dave>>

I went and visited Toxic at the dyno tuners yesterday. They are done and were doing some maintenance items I needed done (oil change, front tire change, and installing bar end weights). Should be out of the shop shortly and on the road in time for Sportbike Rally in Parry Sound, Ontario this weekend!:eusa_dance: Dyno numbers look interesting so will have to see how it runs over the weekend. Might throw it on the dyno at Sportbike just to compare dynos a bit.

Today I...
Broke out some extra tools from the storage unit to help with the clutch release cylinder rebuild, picked up some fancy bolt extractors to see if I can get the oil filter off, and got paint stripper and sandpaper to start working on the corroded scoops. My to-do list is getting longer rather than shorter...

Moreover, I gave up on my local dealer for getting parts. I've got a nice long list, parts numbers and everything, and I can't even get them to call/email me back. So it looks like online it is, despite shipping costs to Hawaii. Any opinions... Ron Ayers or Extreme Powersports (partforyamaha.com) ? I'm open to other suggestions to, but want to get them ordered TOMORROW, I already lost a week screwing around with the locals.

And when I wiggle my handlebars left and right, the bike continues to sit there dead in the garage.

Today I...
Broke out some extra tools from the storage unit to help with the clutch release cylinder rebuild, picked up some fancy bolt extractors to see if I can get the oil filter off, and got paint stripper and sandpaper to start working on the corroded scoops. My to-do list is getting longer rather than shorter...

Moreover, I gave up on my local dealer for getting parts. I've got a nice long list, parts numbers and everything, and I can't even get them to call/email me back. So it looks like online it is, despite shipping costs to Hawaii. Any opinions... Ron Ayers or Extreme Powersports (partforyamaha.com) ? I'm open to other suggestions to, but want to get them ordered TOMORROW, I already lost a week screwing around with the locals.

And when I wiggle my handlebars left and right, the bike continues to sit there dead in the garage.

call gary at mondak motorsports. should be in the VMF links section. he gives u 20% over cost, those savings should be good enough to cover your shipping costs? otherwise i'm sure bikebandit would be pretty good...

Today I...

Ron Ayers is a good parts supplier, I have used them in the past; most parts are usually in stock and they ship fast.
You may also want to go to Mondak Motorsports and talk to Gary McCoy. Mondak has offered us Vmax'rs a 20% over cost price on parts. Check them online or give them a call!
Contact information: Gary McCoy (formerly with U-motors)[email protected] Call toll free # 866-433-6635 or reg line 406-433-6635. :thumbs up:

Today I...

I use both these guys and have had no problems with either.

Sorry to hear your bike is 'dead in the garage' but on a bright note....No wobble at least!! :clapping:

danny

Got Toxic out of motorcycle shop jail!!! Took her for a good ride, MAN is it SMOOOOOOOOOOTH!!!!!! Went to Jodi's Mom's and installed my Ohlins shocks and my Koso digital speedo. Both work exceptionally well. Forgot to grab the dyno sheet from the bike shop on my way out, but am going to where there will be a dyno this weekend so might throw it up just for a giggle. The last numbers I got from the dyno guy were not too bad, just over 150 RwHP and 127 ft/lb of torque. I will say that the torque number may be high and the hp a bit low as he REALLY had the bike strapped down tight. Something about it just not getting any traction and burning out on the drum instead of turning it. Anyway, seat of the pants this thing is SICK!! 1-3rd gear rolling burnouts, no problem. May have the same problem as an 09 with not being able to hook up, will have to see. If I roll onto the power it launches nicely and quick. Whack the throttle and HTFO she is breaking loose and getting jiggy. Higher RPM whacks on the throttle really are incredible!! Bike wants to jerk my arms out of their sockets and accelerates like the cops were chasing us..... maybe they were, I just didnt look. Helps when you have no mirrors LOL....

Got Toxic out of motorcycle shop jail!!! Took her for a good ride, MAN is it SMOOOOOOOOOOTH!!!!!! Went to Jodi's Mom's and installed my Ohlins shocks and my Koso digital speedo. Both work exceptionally well. Forgot to grab the dyno sheet from the bike shop on my way out, but am going to where there will be a dyno this weekend so might throw it up just for a giggle. The last numbers I got from the dyno guy were not too bad, just over 150 RwHP and 127 ft/lb of torque. I will say that the torque number may be high and the hp a bit low as he REALLY had the bike strapped down tight. Something about it just not getting any traction and burning out on the drum instead of turning it. Anyway, seat of the pants this thing is SICK!! 1-3rd gear rolling burnouts, no problem. May have the same problem as an 09 with not being able to hook up, will have to see. If I roll onto the power it launches nicely and quick. Whack the throttle and HTFO she is breaking loose and getting jiggy. Higher RPM whacks on the throttle really are incredible!! Bike wants to jerk my arms out of their sockets and accelerates like the cops were chasing us..... maybe they were, I just didnt look. Helps when you have no mirrors LOL....
That sounds great JIM,
I`m glad to hear that your bike is running tits.
going over to Fargo`s house tomorrow to help him put his bike back together and, hopfully soon my bike will be running that way too. Seeing it sitting in the carport not moving is breaking my heart (it was my main stress relief if you know what I mean and now I`m back to bitting my nails LOL.
Take care and have fun on your monster.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Anoter great day in the 80's so I couldn't let it pass. I ran the california duster over the bike and went for a 2.5 hour ride around the outskirts of town and on the upper campus at the university, then came home and checked out the critters growing in one of my hanging baskets.

Attachments

• Max1.jpg
    Max1.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 60
  • UAF1.jpg
    UAF1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Max2.jpg
    Max2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 64
  • UAF2.jpg
    UAF2.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 46
  • birds.jpg
    birds.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 60
hey KJ that rear tire is looking pretty worn?

hey KJ that rear tire is looking pretty worn?

It's not too bad, I only have about 1350 on the bike. I figure I'll be up for a new one this winter. I've been putting away some cash for a 17" and a 190 or a 200.

But the tire is basically pretty new so I'll kill it before I do the rear tire upgrade. I'm in no real hurry.

With the help of a good friend, Dave, got the engine back in the frame
:biglaugh::eusa_dance::biglaugh::eusa_dance:
Cheers

My friend Fargo loaned me his carb synch tool and I managed to get my bike running ok :biglaugh: (took those rubber gromets off the COP`s and it does fire better) You were right Fargo !!:eusa_dance:.
Tomorrow I will take the battery out to charge it full and then take it for a little ride and see how she runs, man those carbs were so far off they could have had their own zip code LOL.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Latest posts

Back