Don't hate me...but i'm thinking about getting rid of max...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
OK gang...i've been drooling over these honda blackbirds over the last few months and can't believe how cheap they are.

I got a local one i'm wheeling and dealing on with 3900 miles for 4K!

What do you think I should sell my max for? Most of you know EVERYTHING has been replaced/gone through on my bike. Compression is great and there are no leaks. Tires/brakes/carbs EVERYTHING IS NEW!

If anyone is interested in it on here I would be happy to sell it to a fellow member.

Thoughts?

I will post a classified on here soon...

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!

:real mad: :angry flame: :tantrum: :no no no:

A black bird? You think they're good looking? I think they dated themselves VERY quickly.

To each his own though!

I'm kinda surprised you kept it this long.

Chris

A black bird? You think they're good looking? I think they dated themselves VERY quickly.

To each his own though!

I'm kinda surprised you kept it this long.

Chris

agreed....i had ALOT of patience with the bike and in the end it paid off.

OK gang...i've been drooling over these honda blackbirds over the last few months and can't believe how cheap they are.

I got a local one i'm wheeling and dealing on with 3900 miles for 4K!

What do you think I should sell my max for? Most of you know EVERYTHING has been replaced/gone through on my bike. Compression is great and there are no leaks. Tires/brakes/carbs EVERYTHING IS NEW!

If anyone is interested in it on here I would be happy to sell it to a fellow member.

Thoughts?

I will post a classified on here soon...

You are not alone about selling your Max. I've considered selling mine and getting an '09 Max when it first came out. Then I started doing longer trips and tours; my '06 Max was not very forgiving to my back after 6 hours a day in the saddle so I figured that the 09 might not be a lot better.

So, I started looking at Sport-touring bikes like the FJR1300, the 1250 Bandit ABS, Triumph Sprint/Tiger and yes, the blackbird too. The blackbird was top dog until the busa came along. The looks of the CBR1100 aren't for everyone (neither are the busa's) but the reviews say the blackbird makes a great sport touring machine. It's tough parting with a VMax but you gotta get a bike that matches your riding style.

Good luck,

Blaine

You are not alone about selling your Max. I've considered selling mine and getting an '09 Max when it first came out. Then I started doing longer trips and tours; my '06 Max was not very forgiving to my back after 6 hours a day in the saddle so I figured that the 09 might not be a lot better.

So, I started looking at Sport-touring bikes like the FJR1300, the 1250 Bandit ABS, Triumph Sprint/Tiger and yes, the blackbird too. The blackbird was top dog until the busa came along. The looks of the CBR1100 aren't for everyone (neither are the busa's) but the reviews say the blackbird makes a great sport touring machine. It's tough parting with a VMax but you gotta get a bike that matches your riding style.

Good luck,

Blaine

Exactly, I like to ride pillion with comfort and have good handling and have good power. Blackbird hits all of those with ease.

Basing this on my own experience, you should keep both bikes. I have an 88 VMax and an 02 Hayabusa. The Max is broken right now with a motor issue so I ride the Busa all the time. The Busa is faster, lighter, handles better etc but honestly if both bikes were running, I'd ride the VMax more. If I had to sell 1, I'd sell the Busa!:surprise: I know it makes no sense, but even going 250 km/h plus on the Busa doesn't give that kick in the ass thrill that I get on the VMax. Maybe it is because the Busa is so refined and not "rough around the edges" like the VMax :confused2: .. I don't know..

you're located in st. charles....illinois? I grew up in St. Louis and didn't know st. charles crossed over to illinois..unless it's a totally different area with the same name

Basing this on my own experience, you should keep both bikes. I have an 88 VMax and an 02 Hayabusa. The Max is broken right now with a motor issue so I ride the Busa all the time. The Busa is faster, lighter, handles better etc but honestly if both bikes were running, I'd ride the VMax more. If I had to sell 1, I'd sell the Busa!:surprise: I know it makes no sense, but even going 250 km/h plus on the Busa doesn't give that kick in the ass thrill that I get on the VMax. Maybe it is because the Busa is so refined and not "rough around the edges" like the VMax :confused2: .. I don't know..

I would love to do that BUT garage space is limited and the proverbial ball and chain is kind enough to let me have 2 cars already. One bike is all I can have...

you're located in st. charles....illinois? I grew up in St. Louis and didn't know st. charles crossed over to illinois..unless it's a totally different area with the same name

yep...it's a totally diff't town in the west suburbs of chicago.

As Buster advised, I think you'll regret getting rid of your Max. You may get a "better" bike, but you'll always be looking at each VMax that passes. Sell a kidney. Keep your Max.

As Buster advised, I think you'll regret getting rid of your Max. You may get a "better" bike, but you'll always be looking at each VMax that passes. Sell a kidney. Keep your Max.

Whats a kidney go for these days ?:rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back