Don't hate me...but i'm thinking about getting rid of max...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just sold a 1200 Bandit set up for touring with all the Givi gear, etc. Had to sell that or the Max and decided to keep the Max. I sold a 95 Max some years ago and regretted it. As long as I can ride I will keep a 1st gen Max. I have taken many trips on the Max, up to 3500 miles in 7 days. Just me though. No passenger. Works fine with proper gear.

I would love to do that BUT garage space is limited and the proverbial ball and chain is kind enough to let me have 2 cars already. One bike is all I can have...
Well there you go man!!!
sell a car and have 2 bikes , just tell her that the blackbird is something that you both can enjoy together especially on long trips she can be comfortable and enjoy all the scenery without feeling caged up like in a car.
and, promise her some trips.
But don`t sell the V-Max.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Its tough to put a price on someone else's bike!! You sure you want a Blackbird?? I owned a cbr 600 f4 and a yzf 600....both crotch rockets and after 20 minutes it was time to get off. I have ridden a XX before, and even though it was more comfy than the 600's, I still got cramped up after a while. The st1300 is a nice smooth bike....I almost bought one right before I bought the max.

honestly. probably 3500 w/out NOS. 4000 with NOS? tough market to sell. esp with fall right around the corner.

Don't take a loss on it, for damn sure. All of the money and time that Huber, Morley, you and the others that put into that Max adds up to

WTF ARE YOU THINKING ??? :ummm:

Don't take a loss on it, for damn sure. All of the money and time that Huber, Morley, you and the others that put into that Max adds up to

WTF ARE YOU THINKING ??? :ummm:

I know I know...Jeff is probably gonna burn my house down when he reads this!

honestly. probably 3500 w/out NOS. 4000 with NOS? tough market to sell. esp with fall right around the corner.

I got it for 4100 on craigslist with nitrous. If I can get that I would be happy. If not...blackbird and max better learn to get along!

I'd say advertise it for $4850 OBO.

I've seen many '85s go for around 4k, so definitely advertise a little higher than what you want, then let the buyer beat you down and feel they got a bargain cos you dropped from 4850 to 4400, for example.

In the end, you'll regret it and you know it. Best suggestion yet is get rid of a car, keep 2 bikes.

That, or you could always get a Hardley.. :rofl_200:

I'd say advertise it for $4850 OBO.

I've seen many '85s go for around 4k, so definitely advertise a little higher than what you want, then let the buyer beat you down and feel they got a bargain cos you dropped from 4850 to 4400, for example.

In the end, you'll regret it and you know it. Best suggestion yet is get rid of a car, keep 2 bikes.

That, or you could always get a Hardley.. :rofl_200:

I would rather chop my ballz off than get a harley! I might have me an FZ1 soon...

fz1's are quit enice. and used for touring a lot. put a sargeant or corbin seat on there. and ur good to go. plus a bigger windscreen. plus its faster than a max.

fz1's are quit enice. and used for touring a lot. put a sargeant or corbin seat on there. and ur good to go. plus a bigger windscreen. plus its faster than a max.

looks like me and moe might have just made a deal...i would appreciate you guys vouching for me.

Back