Don't hate me...but i'm thinking about getting rid of max...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel where you are comming from. Several times this year I've thought about selling mine. But somthing about the raw, have to pay attention to what your doing aspect of it secures it a place in my garage.

I'd start out with $5k w/Nos and $4k w/o. That will give you some wiggle room. You sank a ton of money over the past several months, not to mention the man hours.

No need to vouch for ya, your a good guy. Just point them to the posts of the history of all the troubleshooting and repairs that were done to it.

On the other note, I don't think the swap with the FZ would be such a bad deal on both sides.

I feel where you are comming from. Several times this year I've thought about selling mine. But somthing about the raw, have to pay attention to what your doing aspect of it secures it a place in my garage.

I'd start out with $5k w/Nos and $4k w/o. That will give you some wiggle room. You sank a ton of money over the past several months, not to mention the man hours.

No need to vouch for ya, your a good guy. Just point them to the posts of the history of all the troubleshooting and repairs that were done to it.

On the other note, I don't think the swap with the FZ would be such a bad deal on both sides.

deal is done!

Sure is! Looks to be a good deal for both. We will be meeting up hopefully next wednesday...depending on whether my new front tire comes in or not

Sure is! Looks to be a good deal for both. We will be meeting up hopefully next wednesday...depending on whether my new front tire comes in or not

You guys will have to post pictures of the key swap for the archives :biglaugh:

i remember reading all those comparo's a few years back. how far are you from des moines?

You're going to drive right through my town on 80... I live in the Quad Cities which is the area right after the Mississippi River in IA.

2.5 hours from DesMoines.

The SV will be faster around the turns, but not the straights! It's a completely different bike but yet still kinda the same. They are close enough though that it comes down to rider. Shoot, you could hand me a new cbr 1000rr and I'd get whooped by a vmax around a road course i bet. I'm too much of a pansy lol.

I can vouch for the FZ1 being fast, my brother shows me all the time. But, if you tell him I just said that I'll deny it! lol
Gas mileage is about 160-170/ tankful. He rides 2 up quite often without any problems. I would get one but I want a FJR, which is already setup for LD touring and I'll have Redbone for the hooligan factor.
Glad you guys found each other, sounds like each of you are getting just what you want. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

The SV will be faster around the turns, but not the straights! It's a completely different bike but yet still kinda the same. They are close enough though that it comes down to rider. Shoot, you could hand me a new cbr 1000rr and I'd get whooped by a vmax around a road course i bet. I'm too much of a pansy lol.

No doubt! The SV IS fuel injected though which is VERY nice.

Yeah fuel injection is nice when it comes carb cleanup time. Thankfully, I went over the fz1's carbs a while back and it's had fuel injection like reliability ever since!

I love the sv's, they are awesome bikes. Gotta love a v-twin sport bike!

At least if you're getting rid of the Max for another bike, a trade between forum members is the best option! This doesn't mean you can skip out on the forum now though. You still have to post as often as you have since you joined. No slacking!

And definitely let me know once you start to miss your Max....because we all know it's going to happen!

Hey Kila there are plenty of bike nights left until the end of the year so I hope you show up. You can count on me for a race or two even if you smoke me! BTW, last time right after you left and all the superbikes pulled in in big groups they brought alot of eye candy along with them. Very easy on the eyes!

Hey Kila there are plenty of bike nights left until the end of the year so I hope you show up. You can count on me for a race or two even if you smoke me! BTW, last time right after you left and all the superbikes pulled in in big groups they brought alot of eye candy along with them. Very easy on the eyes!

hell yeah! i dont wanna race a fellow maxer unless it's for fun! I will definetly keep coming out to the bike nights...u should come out to augies on tuesday night...plenty of eye candy to see there!

Back