Interesting frame

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that guy on Facebook and he had built a chopper looking frame but it was a different engine and when I told him it liked the frame he showed he ask what kind of engine I had and I said a Vmax. Well then he started posting those butt ugly pics of what he called his "custom" Vmax work. Oh Fuck!!! I was sorry I ever ask cause that had to be the ugliest fucking thing I ever saw and thank God he's not in the states cause he woulda been trying to get me to let him build me one. No thanks was all I could say to him without getting insulting. That's probably where KJ found the pics in the first place! All I can say is "sorry My Bad" to ever even commenting on his other frame design. It was way cooler looking than that hideous piece of fuck.

Sorry man, looks like Butt and Ugly both showed up on this one. But, he took the opportunity to try something new and good job for that.
it depends how the rest of the bike is. i love this bike. it has an awesome rear swingarm chaindrive. i cannot find a pic of the chaindrive conversion. but look at the frame

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 107
I bet you could buy a Harris frame for about the same $ and their (the Steelheart) frame looks like it liberally 'borrowed' from the Harris Magnum 4 design. http://www.harris-performance.com/acatalog/magnum4.pdf

Looks like one of those Harris frames would set you back about $8K+,w/all the accessories, and would be a custom order.

I spoke to the Steelheart guys a few years back, after finding their website.

The picture of the Vmax that they have on their website today is the same one they did back than. When I asked if they had pictures of a finished bike, they did, this was as far as they got. They estimated the price (in CDN funds) around $5000-$7000 + shipping for a finished frame and swingarm.

Not sure if they ever did get a finished version of that Vmax frame.

Mike

it depends how the rest of the bike is. i love this bike. it has an awesome rear swingarm chaindrive. i cannot find a pic of the chaindrive conversion. but look at the frame

George
That bike used to belong to the deceased Ken Barnes. That bike used to have the gatling gun dual underseat pipes.

Attachments

• 41103_1475407738142_1622167856_1161846_6122349_n.jpg
    41103_1475407738142_1622167856_1161846_6122349_n.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 66136_1642485856337_1062569788_1736546_3659718_n.jpg
    66136_1642485856337_1062569788_1736546_3659718_n.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 77
I purchased ken"s old bike mid year just getting the fueling set up at the moment, have had a new ECU made, exhaust, injectors, hi pressure pump and regulator, Plenum chamber modified, dash changed, starter motor and clutch, new flywheel made with additional sensor pickups, wiring etc basically all the stuff you cant really see which needed to be changed to make it reliable, hopefully be up and running properly in a couple of weeks. When she is back I can upload pictures of the swingarm and chain drive conversion as it is a work of art

I purchased ken"s old bike mid year just getting the fueling set up at the moment, have had a new ECU made, exhaust, injectors, hi pressure pump and regulator, Plenum chamber modified, dash changed, starter motor and clutch, new flywheel made with additional sensor pickups, wiring etc basically all the stuff you cant really see which needed to be changed to make it reliable, hopefully be up and running properly in a couple of weeks. When she is back I can upload pictures of the swingarm and chain drive conversion as it is a work of art

and.........???

Latest posts

Back