Seafoam Question.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Dan , I never thought of reading the can, but it sounds like perfect sense! thank you for the info,think Ill get me some.

I saw some uses seaform directly into the vacuum line.
Anyone try this on vmax?

Btw, where is the main vmax vacuum line?

Might want to rethink the manifold vacuum line, since it only feeds the number 2 cylinder, and not the other 3- When I've used seafoam in cars, I've used the brake booster line, which feeds all of the cylinders through the intake manifold. The Vmax doesnt have a "common" intake for all four cylinders.....If you can figure our how to feed all 4 carb throats evenly and slowly so you don't hydrolock the motor, seafoam works great. Creates some hellacious clouds of nasty white smoke, so make sure you do it outside! :biglaugh:

I did not read the comment that you need to run the motor some AFTER you have added the additive to get it throughout the carb and all it's circuits. I suppose some will suggest it better to run the carbs dry too. Whoever said store the bike half full is inviting rust in the tank. Too that sucker off to the fuel cap boys! Maybe set a new fuel filter under the seat as a remindet for next springs first project or preventative maintenance.
And to cloud the issue even more, I have had good results with the additive "Mechanic in a bottle". I don't know what's in it nor how it works but it got a Vmax that sat for years to run in about twenty minutes. Tall skinny bottle. I put it in chainsaws and a weed wackier that would not start and it got them going. Voodoo magic? Hell if I know but I don't buy Seafoam anymore.

Back