Harley makes my day!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockatansky

Reaction score
Today on my way to work I am ridding along minding my own business doing the posted legal limit when I see a Harley coming up in my mirrors. It's a guy on a custom Street Glide with some mods and a pipe that I could hear half a block behind me. He has his girl on the back and as he goes by he hits it and just about blows my eardrums out. To add insult to injury his girlfriend shoots me a look that said "why don't you buy a real bike" and she shakes her head smiling. I have only had one cup of coffee and was up late the night before. Under normal circumstances I would not have paid any attention but due to the excessive level of annoyance this could not go unanswered. As luck would have it at the next intersection we got a red light. There was a guy in an F250 in the right lane and as i pulled up next to him I signaled him to hang back a bit and pulled in front of him next to Joe Hog and Broomhilda. I look over, we both nod and he starts reving his "machine" while I am trying to control my laughter about the spectacle that is about to take place. I purposely do not rev the bike and I wait for the go. Green light! I roll out with him at about 1/4 throttle up until I hit 5 grand making sure to stay even with him. At 5 grand I slip the clutch a touch and tack the MAX up to about 8.5 grand and dump it WOT. As intended the rear starts spinning hard while I monitor my R's up to the top of 1st and then hammer 2nd. The burnout goes from hard spin to hellacious and I am taking special care not to get out of line and hold my position right along side the ear pounding hog. After we cover some more ground I back off long enough to catch a bite, pick up the front and rocket past the poor fellow. After about 20 bike lenghts get between us I back off hoping he will pull up next to me at the next intersection so I can compliment him on his awsome bike. No dice, as soon as I slow way down he turns off mid block with a wonderful look of disgust on his face. Oh well I think I made my point. At the light the guy in the F250 pulls up laughing his ass off, literally he could hardly talk! "Dude that was f--king awsome"! "Holy sh%$ that tire smoke was unbelievable". "You should have seen the looks on their faces when that VMAX started screaming, I love it"!!

He then told me how he used to own a Vmax and now has a BigDog. His closing comment was "I think I am going to buy another VMAX". Mission accomplished!

Sounds like he had one of those "I am sooooooo fucked" moments.:bang head:

Probably happened just a split second after your rear tire went up in smoke.

In the infamous words of Principal Vernon:

"If you mess with the bull, you get the horns"

principalvernon.jpg

Good work Rock . It's our duty to convince 'em , 1 stomping at a time !!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Great Hardley story!!!:punk::clapping::eusa_dance:
Thks,

Dale #2592

I'm not knocking Harleys...they've come a long way in the last decade. However, WTF do some of these HD owners think they're riding when they try going up against a VMax?!? A VRod may have a prayer but a streetglide and 2-up????

Blaine

Great story. I bet the Harleyboy just about pissed his pants when you did that. Bet the skank on the back would have rode off with you if you'd have bothered to go back to gloat I just love spanking Harleys .

Good job. Too funny. I think some of those hardly folks give us the smug look because they know they got screwed after buying an expensive slow poke, just for the image, to find it isn't truly an American bike anymore. I like some hardlys, like the 48 for one, but I can't handle seeing those boats with the half shield fairing that covers the hannies. Bugs on the hands can be trifle.

I'm not knocking Harleys...they've come a long way in the last decade. However, WTF do some of these HD owners think they're riding when they try going up against a VMax?!? A VRod may have a prayer but a streetglide and 2-up????

Blaine

I " second" everything said in this post.:biglaugh:

I get them 2 ways. They don't normally screw with my VMax but there are times they call my 1200 Sportster a Girls Bike. Either way they're F'd. And, I'm smart enough to pull in behind anything over 600 CC's when I've got the Harley. Unless it's another Harley.:rofl_200:

Brilliant. Just brilliant. Loved the guy in the F250 too LOL

Ya, Naughty the guy in the f250 had me laughing all day. He was so fired up he was like a little kid. He was laughing so hard he couldn't hardly talk when he was telling me about how the girl almost shit herself. It was obvious that he still had VMAX blood in his veins. Something tells me that there will be a BigDog on Chicago's craigslist this weekend.

Considering this a race would be a joke. An 850 LB harley, 2 up cannot be taken seriously. I could not believe the guy was serious and he was a real tough guy to boot. Good thing I had my helmet on so he couldn't see me laughing! I am just upset that I didnt get to compliment him at the next light. To simply run him would have not been any fun. To pass by him with my wheel on fire was just the ticket. I felt it was important to cast a lasting image that they would have a hard time forgetting. It was all about the presentation! Luckily there was a Vmax fan behind me to witness the whole thing.

Good job. Too funny. I think some of those hardly folks give us the smug look because they know they got screwed after buying an expensive slow poke, just for the image, to find it isn't truly an American bike anymore. I like some hardlys, like the 48 for one, but I can't handle seeing those boats with the half shield fairing that covers the hannies. Bugs on the hands can be trifle.

I think it'd be a challenge to find many vehicles built from the ground up using domestic-only parts and built in its native country. Labour and parts costs have resulted in many manufacturers (not just American) to go out-sourcing. You could argue that Ford, GM, and Chrysler are also not truly American since they each outsource for various components for their vehicles. In spite of this, my opinion is that Ford, GM, and Chrysler are American companies as is HD.

I know a lot of Harley riders and most are good fellows who love their HOG's and wouldn't be so arrogant as to take on a VMax. Besides, if all you want to do is just cruise around and you're not in any particular hurry, why not a HOG?

Blaine

Latest posts

Back