Center Stand Installation

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LongNap

Reaction score
I returned my pipes back to stock and installed the center stand today.

Could someone post a picture or point me in the right direction for installing the spring for the center stand?

I'm not sure how it hooks up since I bought it this way and parts bandit fiche isnt clear enough for my little mind :bang head:

Thanks!

Good Luck, Gonna be hard to connect..

Attachments

• Center%20Stand.jpg
    Center%20Stand.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 106
I think someone on here mentioned the tip of using pennies inserted on either side of the spring coils to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the spring out until you can easily hook it at both ends, and then 'collect your change.'

Nickels are thicker, and I have also used a handful of washers, it works great!

Last edited:
We installed the right hand bolt, hook up the spring. Now the hard part.... Install the left hand bolt. Install both nuts and tight down. Thats how I did mine.

Easy to re-fit!

Fit the spring and link to the frame and stand
Insert one bolt and then push the stand over to fit the second.

It can take a bit of fiddling about to get the second bolt through but it is (relatively) easily done. When both pivot bolts are in then fit and torque the retaining nuts.

Don't forget to grease the pivot points before assembling.

Good Luck, Gonna be hard to connect..

Thanks a mil bro! A picture is word a thousand words.

I didn't even see a place to hang that bracket and was trying to figure out how in the heck would fit on the center stand bolt and why it was sharped the way it was! LOL

I will take a look when I get home... I sure like the stock pipes over the Cobras so I must be getting older?

Never thought I would feel that way about sound, since louder was always better in my younger years.

Thanks again,
David.

I went for the screwdriver way after putting the 2 bolts like Redbone. Ended up being easier.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back