Gun control....FAIL

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think anyone who works in a school who has a conceal carry permit should be allowed to carry as long as its totally concealed. If they are issued a permit to carry everywhere else why cant they carry at their job? If they are trusted to be alone with young students, why can't they be trusted to conceal carry?
On the subject of Bo, anyone who saw that piss poor performance he gave with the fake tears and bought it is an idiot. Tears come from your tear ducts, period.

Did you know.....
? A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.
? A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.
? A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.
? A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.
? A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.
? A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.
? A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.
? At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon. 2500 times last year alone legal gun owners stopped violent crime when confronted with it long before any police assistance ...
Of course, you probably didn't know any of this because mainstream media doesn't find it worth reporting. It's not sensational enough and doesn't fit with their agenda.
What's insane is people who think removing rights from responsible people will somehow keep them safe.

"does not fit the agenda" is hitting the nail on the head. hard to control people if you tell them the truth and it makes sense......

Wouldn't have bothered me any to see that antaganostic little prick get bitch slapped out of his chair....but unfortunately that didn't happen.

Kudos to Mr. LaPierre for the reasonable and logical way he handled himself....he made perfect sense!

......"A gun is just a tool".......

Even the conservative New York Post is calling LaPierre clueless

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/hollow_points_from_nra_nut_dIWc4okFoLS1CNKQEkKZaO

Reading that story you will find that the shooting in Colorado school had a armed guard that did not stop the carnage. Many police die from being shot. Now if being armed and trained will protect you then it would follow that Police would not be dying from getting shot. But they are and so one would have to figure that is not the solution. IMHO an open dialogue with everything on the table is the way to go. My research, and correct me if I have this wrong, shows that a hunter can't have a magazine that holds more than 5 rounds. A restriction of similiar capacity of all the wannabe assault rifles is reasonable. Many places require a training class to get a permit. A psychological exam may be in order to weed out the mentally unfit. As a society we need to get serious about this and not just mouth a bunch of B/S.

David

Even the conservative New York Post is calling LaPierre clueless

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/hollow_points_from_nra_nut_dIWc4okFoLS1CNKQEkKZaO

Reading that story you will find that the shooting in Colorado school had a armed guard that did not stop the carnage. Many police die from being shot. Now if being armed and trained will protect you then it would follow that Police would not be dying from getting shot. But they are and so one would have to figure that is not the solution. IMHO an open dialogue with everything on the table is the way to go. My research, and correct me if I have this wrong, shows that a hunter can't have a magazine that holds more than 5 rounds. A restriction of similiar capacity of all the wannabe assault rifles is reasonable. Many places require a training class to get a permit. A psychological exam may be in order to weed out the mentally unfit. As a society we need to get serious about this and not just mouth a bunch of B/S.

David

Please read this and get back to me...

http://kontradictions.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/why-not-renew-the-assault-weapons-ban-well-ill-tell-you./

Restricting magazine capacity to 5 rounds won't make a bit of difference....it just means the shooter has to load a few more magazines to put in his backpack.

If he has unlimited time 'on the ground' to complete his mission what does he care if he has to slam a few more magazines in?

BUT, if there are armed personnel in the immediate vicinity, preparing to draw a bead on his greasy little head, then it won't make a shred of difference whether he has a bunch of 5 round clips, some 30 rounders or even a 50 round drum.....he's gonna get off maybe one or two more rounds before his arithmatic is all over the ceiling!

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun (if he doesn't kill himself) is a good guy with a gun!" [Quote LaPierre]

Is it a perfect fix....no! Will there be failures.....most likely! Will this reduce the impact at events like the CT shooting.....IMO, absolutely! :punk:

It appears the 'hand is on the other foot' now Mr. Gregory....:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50297849

:surprise:But, but....I'm a member of the media, that law doesn't apply to me!! :surprise:

You know as much as it would be poetic justice I don't want to see anyone be convicted of a bad law to begin with... Otherwise we are really no better than the hypocrites that are calling for all of these bans but have private security cover their asses... I doubt Mr Gregory has private security but I still don't feel anyone should be convicted of a useless law to begin with... He sure did act like a prick in that interview though, seems like the whole media has a hard on for the NRA these days.. :bang head:

This a copied for the link that forestdaledave posted...

"Americans are also much freer to choose what type of guns they buy. Automatic weapons of the type Lanza used to gun down his victims are banned for private ownership in Israel. It is also rare for a person to be authorized to own more than one firearm, Amit said."

That either shows a reporter that is an idiot...or trying to spin things to a certain way. The AR-15 is a SEMI-automatic weapon, just like any 9MM or 45 1911. It was not modified to be fully automatic.

Unfortunately Man's violence towards man has been since the very beginning, first it was rocks and sticks, the spears, then swords, and eventually guns. To use an adage, which in this case fits. "Guns dont kill....people do"

The ideas of a madman are the issue, not the means used. The focus is in the wrong place.
What I choose to protect myself with is none of he Government's business. A right to form a well organized militia is a right to own the weapon of my choice. Don't screw with my rights, even if they make you think your safer. No bans! Anything!

2nd amendment is about nothing but the citizens ability to keep a totalitarian government in check. Get some context. Not about hunting or really even self defense from others.

If the gov't has assault weapons then so should the citizens.

Why do you think the govt banned a caliber, anything bigger than .50, that has just about never been used in a crime?
To protect the gov't from its subjects of course.

And if I hear one more media asshole call a .223 or 7.62x39mm (covers probably 95% of so called assault rifles) a "High powered rifle" I'm gonna offer him an opportunity to witness the power of your average deer hunting rifle versus your average "assault rifle" caliber and then decide which one he'd rather be shot with.

And this " armor piercing ammo". Where and who do I get this from? WTF? We have a huge gun show every week here in Houston and I've never seen any available.

Military ball ammo is the most available ammo there is in typical "assault rifle" calibers because Geneva convention specifically forbids using expanding type bullets typically used in hunting that are 10 times more lethal to the human body.
Therefore we have ball ammo that stays in one piece, and then gets branded "armor piercing"

I've shot a lot of hogs with .223 ball ammo,usually the wound pattern is about the same as a bow and arrow. In and out straight through with a very narrow wound channel. Getting rid of this protects no one but the gov't since they're the ones with all the body armor. Getting hit with ball ammo is usually survivable absent a direct hit on a vital organ.

Deer or hogs on the other hand shot with your average .308, .30-06, or 7mag have about a 1"-1.5" inch hole going in and a 3"-5" inch hole coming out. Getting rid of regular hunting bullets would protect a lot more regular people. That shit in the movies where the guy gets shot in the leg or shoulder with a hunting rifle and keeps on trucking is pure bullshit if you've ever seen what a hunting rifle caliber does to a human body.

And don't think they won't come after that too eventually.

I'm in total agreement! The public is being lead around by a self-serving liberal media and fed all sorts of erroneous information.

Military ball ammo is designed to be non lethal....in a combat situation you want to wound, not kill....hopefully tie up one or two other guys and associated resources to care for the wounded.

Hunting ammo....totally different story.

Of course I'm 'preaching to the choir' here....you guys already know all this stuff, but it's damn frustrating seeing all this mis-information flying around and the ignorant masses just sucking it right up! :damn angry:

I'm in total agreement! The public is being lead around by a self-serving liberal media and fed all sorts of erroneous information.

Military ball ammo is designed to be non lethal....in a combat situation you want to wound, not kill....hopefully tie up one or two other guys and associated resources to care for the wounded.

Hunting ammo....totally different story.

Of course I'm 'preaching to the choir' here....you guys already know all this stuff, but it's damn frustrating seeing all this mis-information flying around and the ignorant masses just sucking it right up! :damn angry:

You mean the .223 Remington isn't the most powerful cartridge ever devised by man??? By watching the news I was under the impression that it held miniature nuclear warheads each with the power to effectively destroy the planet???? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

You mean the .223 Remington isn't the most powerful cartridge ever devised by man??? By watching the news I was under the impression that it held miniature nuclear warheads each with the power to effectively destroy the planet???? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Oh yeah....all of that!! And just watch what happens when they find out the Ak's & SKS's take the 7.62 'Russian', we won't only be murdering fiends but pinko commies as well!!

My new AR15.COM Signature:

"Gun Control? NOT.... Arm Teachers and Principles with Bear Spray like used in the far reaches of Alaska. It'll stop the Biggest Brown Bear (Grisly) Stone Cold. And, MAKES EM CRY..... People Too..."

They could use it on some of the AssHat Students Too...:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Back