Dman999

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for letting us know Bill. Dennis is a great guy, hope he heals fine with no lasting effects to his leg.

Sorry to hear he had the accident. I hope all will go well for him. You never know what may happen when riding. I was once hit by a falling rock riding thru the canyon. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Dennis and family.

Compound fractures often become infected because of the exposure to deep seated systems in the body, like the tibia-fibula (lower leg), or femur (upper leg), it sounds-like, in this case. He has to pay especial-attention to the wound, as the effects of the opportunistic infection can become serious very quickly. I assume they have him on IV antibiotics, for a broad-spectrum antibiotic as a preventative measure.

Young people heal more-quickly than mature-aged adults. His family should ask plenty of questions about the process for repairing the damage, and any sequential issues which develop. There usually is a panel of MD's who consider the serious cases for the path of treatment of the patient, and that helps to prevent something being overlooked by a MD w/a lot of patients. Don't be afraid to ask for a consultation from another practitioner if you don't see progress in the healing as-expected. The HIPPA regulations the hospitals have to follow make them very responsive if you know the proper path to take in making a request for additional input. Requesting a meeting for the patient and his family with a hospital administrator will light a fire under someone's butt if you don't think the patient's best interests are being addressed. Keep in-mind that things like staph infections are very common in hospitals, and the staff takes the preventative measures very seriously to combat those issues.

Praying for a swift recovery!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

Very sorry to hear Dennis was hurt and hospitalized. I am sending out good thoughts and prayers to Dennis for a quick and complete recovery. Thanks for keeping us in the loop Bill!

Thanks for letting us know and positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for Dennis.

Damn I hate hearing of this kind of thing happening.

Mike

Sorry to hear this. I met Dennis this season and he's a great guy. Heal at God Speed Dennis. Thoughts and prayers to you Bro. Thanks Bill and everyone that helped out.Please keep us updated
Steve-o

Thoughts and prayers to Dennis. It sucks hearing about a fellow biker going down. Hope for a speedy recovery for Dennis

Latest posts

Back